Affinities

Naruto slowly opened his eyes, waking up from his slumber by stretching and looking around the room.

He was in a blank space, no decoration to be seen, on a futon, with two other futons on the other side and backpacks beside them both.

Naruto could see Tazuna's daughter and her son in the kitchen, with Sasuke and Kakashi in the hallway outside. He could even see Tazuna and Sakura somehow, working at the bridge.

The sudden influx of visual information flooding his mind caused a light headache to appear, the happenings of everything within what had to be roughly a five mile radius rushing through his brain.

But how? As far as he could tell, his eyes weren't all that diff-

Oh shit.

He suddenly remembered everything. His death, his talk with Kurama, his new abilities and his 'battle' with Gato. It was such a weird day, that he couldn't help but feel like it was a dream instead, but his new Six Eyes proved that wrong. He couldn't remember why he was feeling so drained though.

While he was collecting his thoughts, Kakashi and Sasuke opened the door, both of their expressions stoic until they realised Naruto was awake, then their hard faces turned into relieved smiles.

Strangely though, Naruto could practically see their chakra glowing within them, and how it flowed throughout their bodies. Their chakra was more concentrated in their stomachs, heads and each chakra point in their body, and it was in the form of connected strings, similar to blood vessels or muscle fibres.

Naruto could also see some extra information about them. For instance, both of their Sharingan were picked upon, despite neither actually using them, as well as the chakra natures and strongest jutsu both could use. Well, actually, no. He couldn't exactly "see" it. It was more like that he just subconsciously gained that information about them, just by them being around him. That would probably prove to be a useful power at some point.

"Great. I was starting to think you'd never wake up." Kakashi sighed in relief.

"Why? How long was I sleeping?" Naruto asked, and Sasuke shrugged before answering.

"Like a week? I dunno, but it was long enough for you to heal all your injuries from the fight with Zabuza."

Naruto's jaw dropped, and he quickly looked down at his torso. Sure enough, he was completely healed, not even scar tissue remained. There were no bloodstains on his skin, and he wasn't wearing his ugly, ripped jumpsuit anymore, instead adorning a tight black gym shirt and shorts.

Naruto didn't really want to think about how he was so clean and who changed his clothes, that was a little too weird, so he just didn't ask and moved on.

"A week? I've never slept that long in my life... and am I tweaking or have I gotten taller?" He scratched his head and Kakashi chuckled.

Naruto wasn't short before by any means, he was roughly 6'0 tall, but now he stood, or rather, he sat, at 6'3. Did his new abilities cause him to grow?

"That's not even the most drastic change in your appearance, Naruto. Here, look at yourself." Kakashi pulled out a mirror from his back pocket, and Naruto didn't bother asking why Kakashi had one, instead choosing to just look into it.

What he saw shocked him to the core. Staring back at him through the mirror was the image of a man that Naruto refused to believe was him.

Messy white locks of hair fell onto his face, covering the glistening, electric-blue orbs that Naruto could only assume to be the Six Eyes. His whiskers that he'd gotten so used to looking at had faded away from his cheeks, though Naruto could chalk that up to Kurama’s seal being weakened, leaving smooth skin and a handsome face.