04

After what felt like forever Zart told her that she could go ahead and clean up for her next job. According to Newt, Frypan wanted to have her try out as a cook before lunch. 

“I never want to work as a Track-hoe again.” Nick said as she walked to the kitchen, “Pulling out weeds is boring and it hurts my hands.” 

She looked down to her hands seeing the grazes she had over them from pulling on the weeds. 

“Good luck in the kitchen then, Alby wants me so you're on your own for this one.” Newt gently squeezed her shoulder before walking off. 

As soon as she entered the kitchen she saw Fry’s wide smile, it immediately put a smile on her face as well. 

“I was wondering how long it would be until you came in here.” 

“Just had to clean up from pulling out weeds all morning.” Nick said with a smile as she walked over to him. 

“Well there's no weeds in here so you're safe.” He nudged her playfully, “I'm just trying to decide what to do for lunch.” 

Nick looked around at the ingredients he had and she had an idea. She looked outside to make sure that there was a grill and then checked that there was all the ingredients she needed. 

“I have an idea. Can I make something?” 

Frypan looked at her thinking about it for a moment, “Sure I trust you enough to not burn down my kitchen.” 

“That's happened before?” She laughed. 

“Your little boyfriend was the first.” 

Nick looked up from the ingredients in confusion, “Boyfriend? I dont have a boyfriend.” 

“You sure? You and Newt are close and not like how you and Minho are.” Fry flashed her a smirk. 

Nick felt the heat rise to her cheeks as she gathered, cheese, chicken, bread, salt and pepper. 

“We’re just friends.” She mumbled. 

“Sure ya are.” Fry moved over to look at the ingredients she had picked out, “So what do you need me to do chef?” 

“Just butter the bread please.” Nick took the ingredients to the grill outside. 

Once it was lit she placed the chicken onto the grill and let it cook adding salt and pepper over it. 

She carefully placed the cheese onto the chicken letting it melt before she put it in the bread making a grilled chicken and cheese sandwich. After a few minutes the boys started piling into the kitchen looking for what was smelling so good.

Nick repeated this until there were twelve plates, one for every boy and herself. Frypan had told her that Ben and Minho were coming back early today so she had to make sure they had a plate as well. 

“Here ya go.” She handed the last plate to Frypan. 

“Thank you, m’lady.” 

Nick chuckled as she grabbed her own plate and made her way over to the picnic table where Newt, Minho and Alby were sitting. 

“Hey She-bean, how's your first day of work going?” Minho asked as she sat down. 

“It's good, nothing too interesting. Although as I said to Lizard, I don't want to be a Track-hoe.” 

“Nobody likes being a Track-hoe except Zart and Newt.” Alby spoke. 

“Oh, so youre a hoe as well?” Nick turned to him with a smirk and a raised eyebrow.