Chapter 2

Shopping is such a nice therapy. I can understand how it is helping Cy with her break up. We've been at it for about 6 hours so it's lunch time, and we are all starving. All three of us have a super high metabolism so we eat everything yet still maintain a healthy, curvy yet skinny figure. Today we have decided on burgers with shakes. I like just a plain burger with an extra thick chocolate shake, due to the fact I am a choco-holic. Mer and Cy get everything on their burgers, but Mer likes chocolate and Cy likes vanilla.

We usually continue until the mall closes but today we have to finish up planning my ball.  Since I'm the only "true vampire" in our little trio, I'm the only one to have a ball.  The balls are really special and pretty rare.  It's a masquerade ball for me to try and find my one true pair. 

True pairs are the most special thing in the vampire world. They are souls made for each other. But they have to be of vampire birth and vampires can only reproduce with their true pair. So true pairs are pretty rare and basically we are like a step above all other vampires...like royalty. I mean all vampires can still mate and stuff they just can't have offspring.

I really can't wait but I'm also kind of nervous. I mean your true pair tends to be some one of roughly your age but there are stories of there being a huge gap.  But thats just me getting the jitters.  So we are planning.  We returned to the house and are sitting in the library with all the plans and samples and stuff laying around us.  The ball is in 3 days and I am really excited/nervous.  I haven't decided which one is more though.  

"So everyone has responded?" I ask.  I have invited all the single male true vampires, plus a bunch of other people.  It would be a pretty personal blow if someone didn't come.  

"Yeah," responds Mer.  

"Wait," Cy cuts in, " all except two. One is Ryder Vargas and the other is Gabriel Volkov."

"What??!!" I whine.  "I'm fine with Gabriel missing he's kind of crazy, but Ryder.  I haven't seen him in like for fucking ever."

The optimist of us all, Cy butts in.  "Maybe he will show, and just never got around to RSVP-ing.  Anyways, what's up with Gabriel? I never knew he was a true vamp."

Mer, our beloved horror-story-teller gasps and begins.  "Well I know the story.  So apparently one day he just went bat-shit crazy and murdered his entire family.  Then he drained all of them, making him, as they say, a rogue.  It's probably better that he didn't come anyways.  He could stir up trouble.  The End. "

"Okay well thanks for the 'great' story, Mer.  And seriously...right before bed.  And Cy ur great.  My third point though: I am tired and its like....HOLY SHIT ITS 1:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING!!!!! When did it get this late.  Peace out bros."

And with that I make my great exit and walk down the hall to the stairs and up to the 3rd floor where my bedroom is.  I am assuming Cy, being the perfectionist she is, is probably forcing Mer to helping her with some finishing touches.  As for me, when I get tired, I get bitchy, and when I get bitchy, I get hungry, and when I get hungry, it's usually for something more than food.  Then no one likes being around me.  Because I mean really, who likes being around a bloodthirsty monster.  

But enough of this.  I reach my room and look around.  My room is mostly white, with super high ceilings and five floor-to-ceiling windows with turquoise shades that overlook the back gardens.  The middle three open up to a balcony and I like going there to look at the gardens.  They are my favorite place.  I have a chandelier and my bed is a kingsized white bed with turquoise and gold sheets/pillows.  There is a little foot rest-y thingy at the foot of the bed.  I have a walk in closet next to my huge bathroom.  The perks of being a vampire and living for a crazy long time. Ha!

I sink into the covers and let them envelop me.  I sink into a peaceful slumber, and start to think out how great my ball will be.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this took so long.  Will try to update more often but I have school plus my other book, Russian Roulette.  Check it out!!