The morning after

Tw: Emetophobia

A few hours had passed since Deliah first entered the bar, and it was now 12:15 am. Deliah knew she still had work the next day, and since she was now deputy manager, it was a 7am start for her, so she decided it was probably time to head home. She gathered her things and got up. Heading to the door, everything seemed fine. Until it wasn't.

As soon as Deliah got outside and the fresh breeze hit her, she hunched over and started throwing up uncontrollably. Her eyes were filling with tears from instincts, her legs jelly like and gauging trying to catch her breath between each bout of sickness. Deliah's heart started racing. She didn't know what was happening to her or what to do. Her body, starting the shake, went into panic mode as she fell to the floor. This terrified her even more.

She felt scared and alone, not knowing what to do or if anyone would come to her rescue. Then suddenly she flinched as she felt a hand on her back. Unable to turn around, she stutterer "who... who are you?" Luckily, she managed to get the sentence out before throwing up again. "Oh darling. Is someone a bit of a lightweight?" The voice was ever so familiar to Deliah. But she couldn't work out who it was.

Finally, Deliah was able to get back onto her feet, slowly and cautiously she turned around to see who the mysterious hand and voice was. To her surprise, she saw Sara, Sara was the one who held her hair and rubbed her back. "Darling, are you okay? Do you need some water?" Sara's calming voice comforted Deliah. "No, I'm okay. Thank you!" Deliah said with an unconvincing tone. Sara, picking up on Deliah's tone of voice took her hand and went back inside with her. "Stay here, I'll be right back." Sara told her as she disappeared into the kitchen.

It had been a few minutes and Deliah was started to get tired, just as she was about to leave she heard a voice behind her. "I thought I told you to stay here, Deliah." Recognising the voice instantly she turned back around. Sara was stood there in her long black coat, with her handbag on her shoulder and keys in her hand. "I-I thought you forgot about me" Deliah explained "I'm sorry." Sara raised her eyebrows and walked over to Deliah. "You don't need to apologise, darling. Just come with me, I'll help you." Sara exclaimed as she walked back out the door and over to her car.

It was a red supra, with black leather seats and little blue heart cushions in the back. "Get in, I'm taking you home." Sara instructed Deliah as she gestured to the front seat. Deliah climbed in, she didn't want to argue with such a beautiful woman. Sara begins to drive, but Deliah didn't recognise the area and was unsure where Sara was taking her.

"I thought you said you were taking me home." Deliah questioned her. Sara, started to form a little smile as she looked at Deliah. "I did, and I am. But I never said we were going to your place."