Chapter 043 Blame Me!

Old Madam Luo sat in the small Buddhist hall and recited scriptures.

This small Buddhist hall was built extremely clean. In the yard, there was a yellow kudzu tree that was hugged by two people, and the shade of the tree covered half of the yard. Going up the steps, you can see the small lotus pond outside through the leaky window, which is the season when the lotus leaves are withering. The faint sunlight casts on the bluestone board through the branches of the yellow kudzu tree.

The small Buddhist hall was filled with incense and mist, and the golden statue of Shakyamuni Buddha was enshrined in the hall. Old Madam Luo knelt on the futon, clasped her hands and closed her eyes.

Nanny Zheng walked over.

Old Madam Luo opened her eyes and said flatly, "Nanny Xu, go and close the door."

Old Madam Luo asked Nanny Zheng to help her up, sat on the chair next to her, and asked Nanny Zheng to sit down too. The prayer beads in her hand kept spinning, but her tone was a little indifferent: "I hope you change your mind, but I didn't expect you to be so determined."

Nanny Zheng didn't speak in silence.

The old lady Luo said softly: "I have always wondered why you told Yining that you left to protect her?"

Nanny Zheng suddenly raised her head when she heard this, how did Old Madam Luo know? She was about to speak immediately: "Old lady, I..."

The old lady Luo shook her head to signal her to stop talking, and she continued to say: "I have too many doubts. Ming Lan has always been in good health, so why did she die of a heart attack? After Ming Lan died, you who served her and everyone left one by one, the two girls married to Shandong, and you returned to Baoding. Only sister Hui and Yining were left, and sister Hui was only eleven years old at that time, so I really hate you... "

"But now I don't see it that way." Old Madam Luo continued, "Qing Qu was raised by you, but her temperament is completely different from yours. You love her very much, and even hand over your medical skills to her. If you are really hard on Yi Ning, how could you keep her here?"

Nanny Zheng clenched her hands tightly.

She said indifferently: "Old lady, why bother to get to the bottom of these things..."

"Why don't I get to the bottom of it!" Old Madam Luo's tone stern, with tears in her eyes, "Today is Minglan's death day. I was the one who asked Minglan to marry Chengzhang. At that time, Mrs. Gu said to me that she only has such a daughter, and the family loves her like an eyeball. She told me not to wrong her, and I agreed with all my mouth, but after she got married, she acted like that. I have been guilty for so many years, how many years do I have to live now? If you continue to conceal me, will you not be reconciled to letting me die?"

She spoke too hastily, and then coughed heavily.

Since Yining's accident, she has consumed too much energy in the past few months. Everyone disappointed her, Luo Chengzhang, Mrs. Chen, Nanny Zheng….. Old Madam Luo felt that her body was drying up rapidly, and she didn't know how long she could last!

"You want to protect Yining? I don't necessarily want to protect her anymore?" Old Madam Luo said, "Yining was only half a year old when Minglan died. I brought her up by myself. She almost died when she fell into the water a few months ago. I really want to go with her. Yining is just a child. If I hadn't protected her all these years, how could she and Lin Hairu have fought against Aunt Qiao? You keep saying that you are protecting her, where were you when she was dying! Where were you when she was suffering from high fever!"

She looked straight at Nanny Zheng: "I guessed and guessed, but I can only guess that it is Yining. Ming Lan is dead, and you can only leave because of Yining. You can answer me if it’s true!"