Chapter 083 Being Angry

The snow suddenly fell outside, and the heavy snow quickly covered the flowers and plants in the courtyard. Yi Ning sat quietly beside the bed with a cup of tea, and through the door, it was Zhenzhu and Daimao talking softly.

Yining had no time to care about what they were talking about, she was thinking about something.

In her previous life, she was eliminated by Lu Jiaxue. If he knew that she was not dead, or even knew that she still remembered her unbearable past...would he want to kill her again?

She silently sipped the hot tea, thinking that she could only be more careful in the future. One flaw can be called accidental, but if there are too many flaws, it has to be doubted.

After Wei Ling came down to court, he came to Yining.

The girl untied his cloak, and Wei Ling sat beside Yining with the clammy snow on his body, and asked her with a smile: "You look sullen. What's the matter, Brother Ting is mad at you?"

Seeing that his hands were bloodless, Yi Ning handed him her Tang Pozi to warm his hands: "Don't worry, it's nothing."

Wei Ling was actually not afraid of the cold. It was extremely cold in Bianguan in winter, and he didn't feel anything when there was a layer of frost on his armour.

He still took the Tang Pozi handed over by the girl. The outer lining is made of pink-purple Zhang velvet material embroidered with tufted flowers. It's something for girls, a powdery smell.

Wei Ling endured holding Tang Pozi in his hand, changed the subject and said to her: "I went to the palace to meet the empress, and she learned that I just brought you back. She gave you some things as a reward." He asked someone to bring them in and show them to her, a few bolts of Kesi and Shu brocade materials, many large and small boxes.

Yining looked at him: "You... the empress also knows me?"

"Of course, Daddy will take you to visit His Majesty later." Seeing the girl's eyes wide open, Wei Ling said with a smile, "The Ying family has had served the emperor for generations, and your great-grandfather is still an important minister of the country. Our family has only you as my daughter, so the empress will naturally reward you with something. But now the emperor is seriously ill, and the palace is heavily guarded, otherwise I will take you with me today."

He beckoned, and asked someone to come up with a box, and opened it for her to see: "This Dendrobium Pearl is the most expensive, and each one is as big as a fingernail. Daddy will send it to you to make jewellery?"

Wei Ling grabbed the pearl and put it in her hand to tell her to play. The pearl rolled between her fingers and landed on the Luohan bed. It was indeed a high-quality pearl, soft in colour, smooth and round. Yining remembered that Zhao Mingzhu's gold collar was inlaid with such a star.

Wei Ling actually brought her back a piece of pearl.

Holding these priceless things, Yining remembered that Lin Hairu treated her like this, and she felt a little better, so she smiled and said to Wei Ling, "Thank you, father."

Wei Ling was taken aback for a moment, her voice was naturally soft and clear, this was the first time he heard Yining call him father. Did this really please her? Seeing that the girl had leaned over to look at other things, he picked up the pearl on Luohan's bed and said to her: "Your grandmother's birthday is coming. When it's ready, you can wear it and accompany your grandmother to meet guests."

Yining nodded, and Wei Ling asked lightly, "How is Mingzhu treating you?"

Zhao Mingzhu...it's good not to confront her. Yining just stated the facts: "Sister Mingzhu is not very talkative, but nothing else."