Chapter 3

Stephanie had always found Happy an interesting character. While he was more commonly the opposite of his name, he did find ways to make the people around him happy. He had a significant status in Stephanie's life, someone that never failed to care for her.

While taking on a grouchy and stoic persona; Happy still seemed so... lively. A reserved guy that fit in perfectly with the family.

Finding out that he'd been so close to death was not something anyone had been prepared for, certainly not Stephanie. She technically wasn't even supposed to know he'd gotten hurt in the first place except after once again eavesdropping it was impossible for her not to find out.

She hadn't been allowed to see him. Pepper had told her that it wasn't going to be a happy site and he wouldn't want her to see him like that. Stephanie thought it was stupid, she had seen and remembered much worse, and she's really getting tired of adults thinking being "human" makes them weak. A group of stupid hypocrites.

She'd once again confined herself to her room. Tony's been at the hospital all day AND night, and Pepper was either crying or on a phone call, likely with the police or some other important person. She was sitting on the floor drawing rather than her desk. "Jarvis?"

"Yes Ms Stark," the calm voice replied.

"Are you allowed to tell me what's going on?"

"What's going on, where, Ms Stark?"

"With Happy," she huffed, "and the Mandarin."

"Unfortunately I have been told to keep that information from you." Stephanie huffed again, but nodded. "It is for your own good, I'm sure."

"How do you know what's for my own good.?" she had said with malice but Jarvis didn't take any offense to it.

"I don't."

"Hmm."

"I am an artificial intelligence made to help you with daily skills. I do not know what's best for you. Mr. Stark and Ms. Potts do."

"Obviously not. They aren't even here."

"They are your parents. They are trying their best." The conversation ended there. Stephanie loves Tony and Pepper, she really does, but they still find ways to make her angry even when they're not even present.

I just want them here. No more family nights, no more fun parties, no more game nights, no more workshop lessons. Nothing. Stephanie has been stuck doing nothing for months now. Only person who can have a full conversation with me isn't even a real person.

Stupid.

______________

It was a new day. Another lonely day, well, less lonely - Tony was in the garage *shocker* but still lonely. 

Stephanie woke up even more upset today as well; going to bed late because you're crying and waking up early to helicopters directly outside of your window is not a good combination. 

Being too tired to get dressed Stephanie decided to spend her day in her pajamas; Hulk pajamas, her new favorite avenger.

She was eating breakfast when the sound of more helicopters appeared. How did the press find our house?

"Jarvis, why are there so many helicopters outside?" She slid off her chair, leaving her cereal behind, to walk up to the floor to ceiling windows to try and catch visuals on them.

Jarvis for a second to answer. "The address has been leaked to the public. Do not worry, we are taking extra security precautions."

"Uhm, okayyy," she stretched out the okay, showing her unease.