Chapter 4

There was a ringing in Stephanie's ear and a throbbing in the back of her head. What happened? Stephanie slowly opened her eyes taking in the damage around her. The helmet around her head making everything seem digital.

Oh

She had gotten knocked back into the kitchen, having hit the pantry doors. In front of her, half the floor was gone, and she could faintly hear Tony and Pepper yelling. She was separated from Tony, and to get to Pepper she had to walk across exposed support beams. They were both yelling at her.

"Stephanie! Come on!" Tony yelled.

"Stephanie! Get up! Both of you, come here!" She looked at Tony and then at Pepper starting to make her way over, she didn't have time to comprehend what was happening but she could see more missiles heading their way. And Tony was in the immediate danger zone.

He called out to her. "Go, I'm right behind you!" She had jumped across a small crack and she could feel Tony pushing her forward. She had just barely reached Pepper when the floor underneath started to fall, causing her to go with it.

"NO!" Pepper grabbed her before she could fall. Stephanie was crying and the Iron Man helmet light started to flicker. She grabbed onto Pepper and let herself be hoisted up to the women dressed in metal. The two were on solid ground and looked back at Tony who stayed on the other side to push Stephanie over.

"Pep. Take Stephanie, get her," pointing to Maya, "I'm going to find a way around." Both Pepper and Stephanie went to object. "Stop stopping. All of you, get outside." Tony's voice was calming, a drastic contrast to the chaos around them. "GO!" Pepper pulled Stephanie away, ignoring the cries for her dad, and rushed over to pick up Maya.

Luckily the woman woke up and only needed slight assistance in walking. And with the Iron Man suit giving Pepper more strength she was able to hold Stephanie and Maya, pulling them both to the exit. Using a repulser pepper through everyone forward, crashing through a window and out of the house.

The house continued to collapse and everyone could hear more missiles hitting their target. "Oh god, TONY!" Pepper yelled in.

No response.

Stephanie was now hyperventilating trying to get the small pieces of Iron Man armor off.

I can't breathe. Get off. Get off. "Get off!" She was sobbing. Maya took the time to try and comfort her, as well as trying to take the helmet off. The lights of the eyes are not completely dim.

Suddenly The helmet and the piece on her back as well as the rest of the suit attached to Pepper unattached from them and went flying into the house. Pepper understood that it meant that Tony now had some protection and switched her attention to Stephanie, the girl was in the midst of a panic attack. Pepper hesitantly touched her daughters' shoulders and allowed her to fall into her arms running her fingers through her hair.

The three girls huddled together as the house behind them continued to collapse.

_______________

*with tony*

After hearing that the girls made it out safely Tony felt reassured enough to call back his suit and once fully covered in it he realized he couldn't see, or fly.

One last missile hit the building, which was also being rained on with bullets. It knocked out the main support for the house causing the floor Tony was on to collapse and without his flight system he would end up following it. "Jarvis, where's my flight power? And why can't I see!?" Tony could feel himself stumbling and tried to dig his feet into any foundation he was able to feel.