Snake in the Lion's Den

Draco's POV 🐍💚

I swear it felt like Nico was falling in slow motion. I watched him stumble before his legs gave out. I shifted to try to catch his fall, but Will was lightning quick. He caught him just before he fell and slowly eased him to the ground.

I kneeled down next to the two as Harry and Weasley stood there in shock.

Will sighed as he zipped open his little fanny pack. I knew enough to know there was absolutely nectar, ambrosia, or some other demigod medicine. I kept looking between Will's concerned face, and Nico's pale complexion laying on the grass.

No one said anything. I stayed quiet because I knew why this happened, I mean, I've known Nico for years. And the two Gryffindors stayed quiet because I'm pretty sure they didn't know what happened.

"Is- is he okay?" Ron asked tentatively.

Will didn't even look up. "One sec." he said as he held a small vial of Nectar to Nico's lip.

Within seconds, the Ambassador's eyes shot open. He took a sharp breath open as he tried to sit up.

"Nope. Sit down." Will demanded.

"What the hell happened?" he asked, looking around.

"That's what we're trying to figure out." I said as I stared.

Nico's eyes darted around until they landed on Harry and Weasley.

"Heat stroke. I'm fine."

Weasley scoffed. "But it's about to rain."

I looked up to the clouds forming above us. Having Nico in the rain with whatever his demigod powers were doing wasn't a good idea.

"I'm fine." He tried to stand up, only to be lifted by Will.

"Slow down, Nico. Let's go back to our room."

Nico apparently didn't like that. He tried to walk off, only to stumble and fall. If I wasn't there to catch him, he probably would have face planted.

"Alright Death Boy. Listen to the doctor, he knows what he's doing." I got under Nico's shoulder and lifted him up. Will grabbed the other side of him as he began to walk.

"This seems unnecessary."

"You passing out was unnecessary." I retorted. I turned to the other two. "Sorry guys, but we have to deal with this. Talk later?"

I needed to stop trying to be so casual Harry, I sounded like I was trying too hard. But I just couldn't help it. I craved his friendship; I have for years. And now that I'm getting closer to getting it, I'm terrified to mess it up again.

Harry nodded. "I get it. We're just gonna fly around for a bit before it rains."

I gave the two a final nod before dragging Nico off. When we were totally out of ear shot, Will turned to his boyfriend.

"What the fuck was that?" He didn't seem upset, just incredibly concerned.

Nico seemed to shut down. "I'm fine, just my weirdness."

"Nico, I love you, but you literally just dropped. I've seen the symptoms of your powers, and I'm sure Draco has too. So tell me, what happened?"

He shrugged. "I just felt dizzy, then boom. I don't know."

He seemed to be holding something back, but Will didn't press. I was sure they'd talk about it when I was gone.

We slowly walked back up to Gryffindor tower, and the closer we got, the more anxious I became. I'd never actually been in the Gryffindor tower, and for good reason. I was a raging dick. I felt guilty as I carried Nico through the door of the tower. and felt that same judged feeling I felt when I was on the Hogwarts express.