Chapter Nine: Break Up Filled with Lies

I groaned after my post-afternoon nap to the taps on my shoulder, I opened my eyes and stared at Dorian staring down at me in the face. It was now Saturday afternoon, which meant training for everyone, including me. My power felt different today, it felt weak, maybe that is a sign that nothing important was going to happen because, for the last few days, it has been at peak level. I wonder if I am just exhausted from all of the energy that I have been using.

It was strong this morning when I was shopping with August and accidentally caused a few things to happen in the thrift store, but after a while, things slowed down with my powers, particularly after my nap. This morning I didn't wake up with visions of the lab, I just had dreams about finding my mother.

"It is time to train, so if you are not in the basement in five minutes. You have to do physical training without using your powers," I groaned at his words and slowly moved out of the bed. Today was the day that we decided to tell Myla Hue and Callum Bennett about my powers. There was a pit in my stomach, but I slowly breathed and raced downstairs before heading into the basement. I put August's pin into the door and the door slowly opened.

Everyone was standing right beside each other as they all waited for me, August smiled and held his hand out for me. He walked me to the front of everyone because we had a few conversations that had to be dealt with before training could happen. I bit my lip as I stared at August until he scoffed. Everyone knew my parents and that thought alone worried me more than the idea of telling them about Luca. My mother was dangerous from my understanding of her.

"My mother and father were the original power hybrids and a part of the original set of children before my mother murdered them. I am the first to exist with all twelve powers," I heard a few gasps coming from Myla and Callum.

"I am going to work in each room and figure out control for all of my powers because recently I did something terrible to my friend. During the confrontation on Wednesday, I burned Luca on the arm but when I healed him, he showed signs of having fire powers. Antoinette will tell you more," I finished up saying and it looked like those two were looking back and forth between everyone in the room. Luca came into the room with the heat-resistant gloves on and stood right beside August.

"It seems like her powers can take effect by giving someone physical powers but not so much mental powers. It won't always happen. In fact, out of the samples I have gathered, it seems to happen once with the samples, which makes it nearly impossible for anyone to have her powers. Healing Luca from his burns caused side effects of the powers to manifest in his body. His pattern on his brain resembles closely to August's, while Maraline's patterns show that she is just an average girl until she turns on one of her powers. If anyone finds out about Luca, such as the people that might want the experiments to happen again, then her powers can be used as a weapon," when she stopped speaking she looked at everyone's faces and I saw Callum as he looked ready to ask a question. I looked at him and nodded my head.

"What is it like knowing that your mother was once the person who killed everyone before us?" Callum said and August took a step forward realizing that his friend went too far. I put my hand on his shoulder and he took a step back.

"I don't know what happened then and knowing about it does not make me feel good. I want to hear her story about what she did back then to cause that many deaths. You cannot judge me for my past because I didn't even know I had a mother who was either like me or alive. I have been bullied enough to know that you are quick to judge me, so please try to listen to my story before judging me," I said lightly and I tried to keep my body from getting angry about why he would ask a question like that.

"I might be quick to judge, but how can I not? You are a huge risk and apparently, you can give normal people our gifts, so why should I not judge you? Why are you siding with her? You are putting all of us at risk. Did she manipulate you?"