8 pt 2: The Quiet Neighbour : Kim Namjoon

Warning: 

Long Chapter

Extreme gore

Mention of Blood

Editted pics

Y/N confronted Namjoon at his bookstore. The scene was tense as she revealed the evidence, including the journal and the surveillance footage. Namjoon's facade cracked, and his demeanor shifted from the calm, composed neighbor to a man exposed and cornered. His eyes, once warm and inviting, were now cold and menacing.

"Why did you do it?" Y/N demanded, her voice shaking with a mix of fear and anger.

Namjoon smiled, a chilling expression devoid of warmth. "People see what they want to see, Detective. They wanted a hero, so I gave them one."

"But why kill innocent people? What did they do to you?" Y/N pressed, trying to understand his twisted logic

"Innocent? Hardly," Namjoon replied, his tone dripping with disdain. "They were flawed, weak. Their existence was a blight on this town. I simply removed the imperfections."

But Namjoon was cunning. As Y/N laid out the evidence, he managed to maintain his composure, deflecting her accusations with plausible explanations and questioning the authenticity of the evidence. Without a direct witness or incontrovertible proof, Y/N found herself at an impasse.

The town of Greenfield continued to see Namjoon as their cherished neighbor, and Y/N's warnings fell on deaf ears. Namjoon's meticulous planning and manipulative skills kept him above suspicion, even as he silently reveled in his dark triumph.

Desperate to prove Namjoon's guilt, Y/N became obsessed with finding irrefutable evidence. She started to stalk Namjoon, following him discreetly, hoping to catch him slipping up. Despite her efforts, Namjoon always seemed to be one step ahead. Frustrated and on the verge of madness, Y/N realized she needed a different approach.

Y/N decided to play along, pretending to believe in Namjoon's innocence and becoming his friend. She attended his book clubs, helped organize charity events, and slowly gained his trust. As weeks turned into months, Y/N found herself drawn to Namjoon's charm and kindness. His façade was so convincing that she almost forgot her true mission.

Joonie's Haven Café

Y/N walked into the café, her face lighting up as she spotted Namjoon behind the counter. He looked up and smiled warmly at her.

Namjoon: "Hey, Y/N! The usual?"

Y/N: "You know it, Joonie. You make the best cappuccino in town."

As he prepared her drink, Y/N leaned on the counter, watching him work.

Y/N: "So, when are you going to teach me your secret? I need to impress my friends with my barista skills."