Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

"Hey Willow, wake up." Emalyn shakes my leg.

I jolt upright and rub my eyes as they adjust to the brightness in the room. I rustle my fingers through my hair and sigh.

"What's wrong? Do we need to leave?"

Emalyn shakes her head and takes a seat at the end of the bed.

"How serious are things with that guy? Can you be my wing woman?"

"What?" I rub my eyes and blink. "You woke me up to ask that?"

"It's really important to me," she groans. "Can you please be my wing woman?"

"What are you doing?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Well." Her eyes light up with the same mischievous glint Maverick has, and it completely terrifies me. "I worked out who that girl was, and her sorority is hosting a pool party today and I got invites."

"Emalyn, no." I shake my head. "Do you hear how insane that sounds?"

"Insanly awesome." She smirks. "We can turn up looking sexy as hell in our bikini's and he'll realise the mistake he made."

"What's the point in that?"

"I want to make him jealous." She shrugs.

"Hm." I frown. "I don't think this is a good idea."

"It's the perfect revenge plan! I'll makeout with a really cute guy, but the problem is, I might need your help if he has a friend. I can't chat up two people nor do I want to go alone."

"Let me rephrase, do you think this is a good idea?"

Maverick won't be happy if we're talking to drunk boys in bikinis.

"I want to show him what he's missed out on."

"You're not answering my question, though."

Emalyn rolls her eyes and smiles.

"Let's go shopping," she says. "We need new bikinis. How about those thong ones? Would it look good on me? My ass is probably too flat. I might need those scrunch shorts but swimming style."

"I already have plenty of bikini's."

"Well, I don't and I need your opinion."

"Okay." I sigh.

What's the point in reasoning with someone who's already made up their mind? How am I going to explain this to Maverick?

"I'm going to shower and then we can go shopping."

"Okay."

"I'll text Maverick and see if he can drive," she comments.

Once the shower is turned on, I sneak into the hallway and ring Mav. He answers on the second ring, which is very quick for him.

"Hey Mav."

"Mm, I miss your voice," he says.

"I just saw you last night." I chuckle.

"Last night was a long time ago."

"Is that your way of saying you miss me?"

"Yes."

"I miss you as well."

"How's my little sister doing?"

"She's scheming."

"Typical." He chuckles.

"She wants to attend a party to make her ex-boyfriend jealous by making out with cute boys. I think this is a terrible plan, and to add, she wants me to be her wing woman."