Chapter 15

Awaited moment of the day.

This is the brief time of period when I permit myself to engage socially, particularly after having introduced myself as my true self. Any bitterness I felt earlier has been dismissed, especially with Martha by my side.

I hadn't intended that alcohol would take over me tonight but as they offered me one and if I won't accept it, as the young Marquess, that is already a sign of disrespecting. I'm now presenting myself holding my title beyond me, connection is a must now in this room.

The room buzzes with lively loud conversations drowned out by the jamming music. I wander around, Martha still at my side—I can't afford to let her go. Not now, especially with everyone are dying for my attention.

Not now that I feel intoxicated as I approach each group of people in this room, where they offer drinks as a sign of hospitality.

No one dares to inquire about personal matters, but they are all now rubbing themselves to me, as if expecting me to remember them for future dealings after tonight.

Enjoying the night indeed! Last time check it started at 7pm, now it feels like nearly midnight! Well expected, I came at the venue late. All by myself.

In all unexpected places, dito pa ako nakaramdam nang pagiging kalmado. Sa maingay pa talaga na lugar na 'to. I don't exactly know, I feel confidence to compose myself. Literally be me, just me.

However, without the title, that represents the true me. Yet it's no longer significant now. I've long taken care of myself, loved myself, and nurtured myself. I've fulfilled those aspects sufficiently to confidently present myself to everyone as a Marquess. Soon to be, the heir. A Marquess Spencer.

Will no longer hold grudges and pitty, wala na akong magagawa, ganun ang buhay. Tatanawin ko na lang yun na isang napakagandang pundasyon sa batang ako na may takot pa at hindi pa malaman kung handa ba.

What will my life be like 10 years from now huh?

I looked to Martha.

I was about to say something but herself mesmerized me. She is the perfect product of unpredictable moment in life. She is the person the least I expect to be with me, in this very night. Me thinking I would be all out all alone after the three left me as they always is the scene.

And now, even the two is no longer can be found. While I'm still hoping to bump Darcie.

My most hated girl. My classmate. My opponent. Who knows that despite of those three words, she could be still fit to be present as my dear bosom mate.

By the time passed, we decided to take a break and reached our spot which is quite in the higher area where I saw the students from bellow. We also come across a few members of royalty students, exchanging light nods and smiles before taking our seats. Technically VIP section for ours.

Walang nagsalita sa amin at binigay namin ang lakas at bigat namin sa pagkakasandal sa sofa habang nakatingala kami sa kisame sa pagod. Hahaha. We need air!

"So now we know what it feels like." aniya kaya naagaw niya ang atensyon ko.

"Feels like what?"

"To be known as the part of the certain family title. How are you?"

"High." sagot ko at tumawa kami pareho. I deeply sighed after.

"I actually feel a sense of pride within me. I've risen to the top just as Dianver. It's delightful to share these successes that truly come from me, not because of my origins." she give me her purest smile of all. Sabay hablot sa halatang naiwan na nainuman ng baso.