Denial

(Dragons Rising season 2 PART 2!!! SPOILERS.. pls don't read if you haven't seen it!!)

Denial: some people at first carry on as if nothing has happened. Even if we know with our heads that someone has died, it can be hard to believe that someone important is not coming back.

These scrolls didn't seem to make any sense. He'd spent years trying to understand them, trying to find at least some sentences that were somewhat coherent, yet no matter how hard he tried to piece them together, nothing connected. No thanks to the merge, they'd been jumbled up, thrown around and even after all this time, he still couldn't order them properly. It didn't even seem like there was an order.

Some of them were okay. There were very few left still in perfect condition, everything making complete perfect logic and he was grateful for that. The ones about elemental powers were specifically fine, which was easy to order, and some about Spinjitzu which would come in handy for teaching. The ones that were more in depth about the world around them, special artistic techniques regarding fighting and other ones that the master couldn't seem to understand but seemed important had been almost entirely destroyed. He didn't have a use for some of them - he already understood a majority of what the merge was about - and a lot of them contained information about Merlopia or distant kingdoms such as Shintaro, which he could easily rewrite himself, but the condition of much needed writings seemed to be suspicious. Almost as if they were destroyed on purpose.

Lloyd had been with Wu when the merge occurred. The day had started pretty normal, Wu sent him to find as many scrolls as he could on something he called 'coalescence'. No matter what Lloyd had researched on it, or seen in the scrolls, none of it made sense.

The moment often replayed in his mind.

"No.. that can't be right," Wu muttered, his back to the green ninja, "it's been centuries."

Lloyd stood behind him, confused, while the master scanned his scrolls.

"Oh, I don't understand..."

Lloyd stepped forward, placing the five different scrolls he was holding down on the already messy table, "I'll just... leave these here. Cool?"

Wu didn't respond.

"Okay, good talk.." green spoke awkwardly, "call me if you need anything else."

As he turned to leave, more confused than ever, his uncle called out to him.

"Lloyd, my student... my nephew," he sounded panicked, "I hope you do a better job than I have when you become Master of this Monastery. Remember, family is key."

"You've been here for almost a thousand years, I could never-"

And that's when it happened.

Lloyd never had the chance to ask, to question any of Wu's worries, and he wished so badly he could more and more everyday. With basic research, he managed to figure out the coalescence Wu had mentioned was the merge, that the merge was all 16 realms coming together, yet no part of him knew exactly why it happened, nor did he know how to fix it. And when he fixed it, what would happen? The realms would unmerge? Everything would go back to normal? What would happen to his students? His friends? Would they go back in time and forget everything?

He needed to figure it out. He needed everything fixed.

These scrolls were his only hope. With Nya already searching the Cloud Kingdom's archives, and the amount of extensive research Zane had done into his database, the only thing Lloyd really had left were Wu's own findings. It'd been evident he was hiding it from his students for a while - Wu had spent so much time locked away in the room, denying help of any sort - so he had to have had something that explained exactly what was going on. Although, the master himself seemed confused too.