Chapter 17: Madison.

Hey, so I'm uploading! ...obviously...I dont know why I felt the need to say that...oh whatever. Anyways! The last few chapters, while they were about things that had to do with the upcomming war they were mostly about things going on in Madisons normal, human life. Some of this chapter is like that, but just let me tell you now that this is not a chapter you want to skip. ...thats all Im gonna saw, bro...

<>Enjoy!<>

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

“Brenna McGumpry.” I told the lady at the front desk.

“Family or friend?” She asked.

“Umm, friend.” It felt wrong using that word to describe our relationship, like using a curse words.

She typed some things into her computer and then looked to Stacy, who stood beside me, clutching my arm.

“And you?”

“And I what?”

“Friend or family, child? It’s not a complicated question.”

Maybe not to you, I thought only to myself.

“Oh, right. Friend.” She said and then raised a hand to her scabbed throat. “Sort of.”

“Okay, here are your passes. Now if you’ll be so kind as to fallow me,” She stepped out from behind the counter “I’ll show you to her room.”

We fallowed her down a long white hall to a door with a small window in it. She knocked and I watched through the glass as Brenna used a bandaged hand to prop herself up on the bed.

“Come in.” She said.

“You have some friends here to see you.”

“Friends? I don’t have any-” She began to say but then we both stepped out from behind the nurse “oh, oh, okay.” She pulled her legs against her chest “That’s…okay.”

“Are you sure,” She half closed the door on us “I can make them leave if you like.”

“No, no.” She said sitting up straight “It’s…ah… fine. I have some things to say to them.”

“All right, but just remember if you need anything to press your emergency button.”

Brenna held up a small remote with a red button on it and shook it in the air “Got it right here.”

“Okay.” She opened the door and let us in. “Enjoy yourself sweetie.”

We walked in and closed the door behind us. Her room looked like a hospital room but then it also looked like a motel room. There were a few cushioned chairs next to the window with a TV on top of the dresser and a closet and a small bathroom. But the bed looked like one from a hospital, aside from the covers of course. There were also a bunch of tubes, that I couldn’t help but notice went from a machine into Brenna’s arm.

She noticed my starring, “They keep me calm.” she explained.

“Oh, yeah. Sorry, I didn’t mean to stare.”

“It’s okay…I didn’t mean to try and kill you both.”

“You didn’t try to kill me.” I said

“The chair. In my mind when it hit you it was supposed to go straight through and you’d bleed to death.” She smiled sheepishly.

“That’s scientifically impossible,” I said “and extremely specific.”