Chapter 11: Bryce.

I would think of something cute to put here but Im tierd and yall allready know I love you so just read it, yeah?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The weekend passed beautifully. After hunting I went straight to Madison’s house. I spent the rest of the weekend there. Since I had stopped aging I had stopped sleeping, that was a human trait that didn’t apply to me. I had hoped the once I met my love, Madison, that I would sleep again. I was wrong. But I found it was better to get to be awake while she was asleep. I could stare at her all I wanted without her blushing and saying “Stop staring at me like that…your making me blush.” Although I loved it when she said that too. But the weekend ended and I had to go home to get changed. Madison had begged me not to leave. She’s so…human. The short time we spend apart really does feel like forever to her. But once I convinced her that I’d see her at school in an hour she finally let go of my arm and let me leave.

My mother was in a frantic state when I arrived home.

“Who’s there?!” She demanded.

“It’s just me, mom.” I called to her as I ran up the winding stairs.

“BRYCE!” She hollered “Where the hell have you been? You left Friday morning and then went hunting and never came back! You better have a good explanation for this!”

I opened the door and sat down on the bed, across from my mother’s mirror. “I was with Madison.”

She froze “All weekend, alone with Madison?”

I nodded .

“Are you high?”

“No mom, we established thirty years ago that I can’t get high. That stuff just doesn’t work on me.”

“Drunk?”

“Doesn’t work.”

“Then what the hell’s wrong with you?” She shrieked, throwing her arms in the air. “You understand that you can still get a girl pregnant don’t you?”

I laughed “That’s what you’re worried about? I didn’t sleep with her mom.”

She let out a sigh of relief “Oh, thank god. The last thing we need right now is a little baby.”

“Yeah, well, I’m heading off.”

“Wait, but you just got home.”

“Mom, I have to go to school.”

“Ugh!” She groaned “Why must we keep up this silly act all the time? You’ll just graduate again and we’ll move again.”

“Actually mom, this is the last time I’ll graduate. I met Madison, I’ve started aging again.”

“Oh, that’s right isn’t it?” She smiled.

I laughed “I’ll be back soon mom.”

I left her and headed to school. I was leaning against the back wall where we had agreed to meet when a small freshman came running up behind me. “Help.” He squeaked, shrinking to hide in my shadow.

“What?” I asked, truly confused.

“You don’t remember me? I told you about Madison. We all saw the two of you yesterday. I helped you find her, now you have to help me.” He insisted, peeking out from behind me to look nervously around.