Chapter 17: The Secret

Sofia took a deep breath and began to tell Luca about her past. She told him about her family's history with the mafia, and how she had always tried to stay away from that world.

"But then something happened," she said, her voice trembling. "Something that changed everything."

Luca's eyes were locked on hers, his expression intense. "What was it?" he asked.

Sofia hesitated, unsure of how to reveal the secret she had kept hidden for so long. But something about Luca's kind eyes made her trust him.

"I witnessed a murder," she said, the words tumbling out of her mouth. "A mafia hit. And I saw who did it."

Luca's expression turned grim. "Who was it?" he asked.

Sofia swallowed hard. "It was Don Marco's son, Alessandro. He's the one who's been chasing me all these years."

Luca's eyes widened in shock. "Alessandro? But he's...he's a monster."

Sofia nodded, tears streaming down her face. "I know. And I've been living in fear of him ever since."

Luca pulled her close, his arms wrapping around her in a warm embrace. "You're safe now, Sofia," he whispered. "I won't let anything happen to you."

Sofia felt a wave of relief wash over her. She had finally told someone her secret, and it felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

But as they pulled back, Sofia saw a look of determination in Luca's eyes. "We need to take down Alessandro," he said. "Once and for all."