i

the warm aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the cozy café as nicola wiped down the counter, her thoughts drifting to the audition she had lined up for the following week. at 25, she was a determined and ambitious woman, chasing a dream she had held onto for as long as she could remember-to be an actress. not just a name in the credits, but someone whose performances would resonate with people, making her both admired and stable in her career. little did she know that her journey would not only lead her towards her goals but also towards something she had never anticipated-love.

✧・゚: ✧・゚: 💌 :・゚✧:・゚✧

nicola coughlan was no stranger to hard work. with her golden curls often pinned back as she handled busy shifts, she managed to keep her spirits high despite the long hours. acting had been her passion since childhood, and though life had taken her down the less glamorous road of waitressing, her heart remained focused on the stage. every audition was a step closer to where she wanted to be. she didn't want just any role; she wanted to break through and leave her mark. but in the pursuit of her dreams, there was no room for distractions-or so she thought.

on this particular afternoon, the café was bustling with the familiar hum of conversations and the soft clinking of cups. nicola served a table of regulars, her smile genuine but her mind preoccupied with the lines she had been memorizing. as she turned to refill the coffee pot, the bell above the door jingled, announcing a newcomer.

luke newton stepped inside, exuding a relaxed charm that immediately caught nicola's attention. with tousled hair and an easy smile, he radiated a warmth that contrasted the chilly london afternoon. nicola's heart skipped a beat, but she quickly shook off the feeling, reminding herself that she had a job to do.

luke, a 19-year-old actor fresh out of drama school, he studied at the london school of musical theatre, was starting to make a name for himself. though he wasn't a household name yet, he had secured a few small roles and was looking forward to bigger projects. his easygoing nature made him approachable, with a slight awkwardness that only added to his charm. despite his growing career, luke was down-to-earth, a trait that would soon endear him to nicola.

"welcome! what can i get for you?" she asked, her voice steady despite the flutter in her chest.

luke approached the counter, his remarkable blue eyes sparkling with curiosity. "i'll have a cappuccino, please. and maybe a slice of that lemon tart?" he glanced at the display case, grinning at the assortment of pastries.

nicola nodded, her cheeks warming as she prepared his order. "good choice. the lemon tart is our specialty." she added the slice to a small plate, careful to present it perfectly.

as she handed him the order, their fingers brushed briefly. nicola felt a jolt of electricity and quickly looked away, focusing on the coffee machine as it hissed and bubbled. luke, seemingly unfazed, leaned against the counter, his gaze lingering on her.

"so, do you work here often?" he asked, a teasing lilt in his voice.

"only every day," nicola replied, a playful smirk creeping onto her lips. "i'm the resident coffee artist."

"coffee artist, huh?" luke chuckled, his laughter infectious. "maybe i should start coming here more often. i could use some art in my life."

since the café wasn't too busy today, nicola allowed herself a moment to relax. "oh, so you're in the mood for some coffee art?" she said, raising an eyebrow.

"yeah, something like that," luke smiled. "i just finished drama school-london school of musical theatre, to be exact. i'm trying to juggle auditions and, you know, figuring out life after school."