Chapter 9

Aemelia continues  -I still love him. And he hurts, he is hurting so much. He blames himself for your supposed death. At least, he did. 

Elijah, Kol and Ruby just stared at Aemelia as if she had said something out of understanding. Ruby suddenly gets extremely mad.

And starts yelling at Aemelia.  -Aemelia, what makes you think that you know my brother better than me?

Aemelia looks at Ruby with a slight disappointed face and responds  -because I just do.

Ruby screams at Aemelia now just frustrated  -What is that supposed to mean?!

 -Look, I dont wanna upset you but I do indeed know Stefan more than you...

At that sudden moment Ruby vampire sped towards Aemelia and grabbed her by the throat. Kol and Elijah both stayed calmly and walked slowly towards the girls. Ruby spoke  -What makes you believe you know Stefan more than me?  What in hell makes you believe you know my little brother  more than me? -  

Ruby tightens her grip while Aemelia tries to catch her breath. Kol moves towards Ruby and grabs her other hand trying to let his girlfriend let go of his sister. Ruby tightens her grip once again and suddenly Ruby let go off Aemelia and she fell to the floor. Aemelia now in the floor, crying but at the same time trying to speak -
                          -You spent all this time trying to prove that you know Stefan more than anyone else here, you haven't stopped to realize all of the pain and suffering you've caused.

Elijah interrupts -I think that what my dear sister is going to say is that she is sorry.

Aemelia speaks once again -I am not. Why in the world would I be sorry for saying the truth??

Ruby tries to run towards Aemelia to hurt her, Kol stands in the middle and interrupts the whole thing. He says -Stop. Babe, you have to stop. 

Ruby answers in rage - THE PAIN THAT I'VE CAUSED HIM. AT LEAST HE ACTUALLY BELIEVED I WAS DEAD! You literally left him. You left my sibling in the dust, when you and Catalina needed a change of scenery. 

Aemelia feeling that she had to defend herself stands up and speaks up -I left because it was needed. I left because my siblings found YOU and they needed help with the newbie vampire. Or did you forget who taught you to hunt? Did you forget who showed you control? Instead of being so mad because of my love for your brother you should accept it, or did you also forget how I acted when you and my dear brother Kol told me that you guys were courting? 

Ruby starts reminiscing about the facts of the past. Aemelia sees Ruby's expression change, she sees Kol and Elijah's look of uncertainty yet, she continues -I don't know what you think are my intentions. But, in all seriousness I do love your brother Ruby. You can hate me all you want but that's not going to change anything. Now, I think that you should go and talk with your brothers, but if you dont want to do that I'll just tell the truth on my own. 

Elijah interrupts -and what is the truth that you plan to tell, Aemelia? What do you plan to say to your dear love? 

Aemelia looks at Elijah in the eye and walks towards him and says - I'll tell him that I left because my family needed me, they needed help with the new vampire in the family. Ruby is alive and has kept it a secret during all of these years and has made no contact since the night of the capture because she was to involved with my brother. I never made contact again because it was to painful, yet I had a daily reminder that my wish would never come true. The wish of seeing him again, the wish of being with him once again. And that I kept all of that information and didn't tell him about it because my dear sister Catalina made me swore that I would never show my love nor my affection to a male Salvatore during the period of time that being together was not an option. 

Elijah stands quiet and in shock of his baby sister's argument. Kol stands about three feet away from Elijah and Aemelia, trying to hold Ruby. Trying to comfort Ruby in any way possible. Even though they all knew that Aemelia was right, right about everything nobody wanted it to be the truth. the new truth. 

Ruby tries to walk towards Aemelia but Kol holds her down, Ruby whispers to Kol -I wont hurt her.

Kol let go of Ruby and she walked towards Aemelia and said -You're right. You are right about everything. If you want to tell my siblings the truth go ahead. Tell them, Stefan may believe you but I'm sure Damon won't. He is not as stupid as he looks. If you want to go ahead and make my secret public, make it. I'm tired of hiding. 

Aemelia response -I won't tell your secret because it's not my secret to tell. I just wish you would at least just consider telling them yourself. I would help you.

-Would you? Would you really?

-Of course.

Ruby nods and goes upstairs, Kol follows. Elijah stands next to Aemelia and says- I truly hope you know what you are doing sister. I really do. 

-Don't worry dear brother. I believe I do know, and if I don't then good thing I have you and Rebekah in my life.

Okay, so... New chapter, short chapter, but it was needed. It helps set the next couple of chapters up. You'll see. Thanks for the follows and for the reads. 

Just remember to vote and comment. 

 ~LILLY OUT