𝐵𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔

I had been feeling off for the past few days. My body wasn't acting like it normally did, and the changes were subtle but significant enough to make me pause. Nausea had become a constant companion, fatigue seemed to weigh me down more than usual, and there was a new sensitivity to certain smells that had never bothered me before.

I was at my father's home, surrounded by my loving family. The Ibrahim Khaandan was a close-knit group, and everyone always looked out for one another. My Dada-Abu, Mr. Faisal Ibrahim, and Dadi-Jaan, Mrs. Fatima Faisal Ibrahim, were the heart and soul of the family, providing wisdom and warmth to all. 

My parents, Mr. Huzayl Ibrahim and Humaira Huzayl Ibrahim were busy running the family empire, IBRAHIM, but they always made time for their children. 

My older brother, Wahi, was a successful businessman who had taken a degree in business to help our father flourish in their company. He was married to Aqsa Khanum, and they had a delightful little girl named Wadha. 

Then there was my Taya-Jaan, Mr. Saif Ibrahim, and his wife, Saifa Saif Ibrahim, who had built their own successful company, SAIFA. Their twins, Avni and Aarav, were pursuing their paths at 22.

(Just describing the family)

I loved being home, but this time something felt different. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was changing within me. One morning, after another bout of nausea, I decided to talk to my mother.

"Maa," I began hesitantly, finding my mother in the kitchen, preparing breakfast with the help of Aqsa. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Ammi looked up, sensing the seriousness in my tone. "Of course, beta. Let's go to the sitting room."

We moved to the more private space, and I took a deep breath. "Maa, I've been feeling strange lately. Nauseous, tired, and... different."

Ammi's eyes widened slightly, understanding dawning on her. "Adu, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I don't know, Ammi. I mean, it's possible, right?"

Ammi nodded. "It's very possible, beta. Let's not jump to conclusions, but it might be a good idea to take a test."

I felt a mixture of excitement and nervousness. The idea of being pregnant had crossed my mind, but I hadn't dared to fully entertain it. With my mother's support, I felt more confident to find out for sure.

"Okay," I agreed, feeling a sense of relief wash over me. "Let's do it."

Later that day, with a pregnancy test in hand, I found myself in the bathroom, heart pounding. I followed the instructions, trying to stay calm. The minutes felt like hours as I waited for the result. Finally, I saw the answer I had been both hoping for and dreading.