ONE: SCREEN TO CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS

"Jazzy," a voice calls from behind her, "I need to talk to you."

Jasmine looks up from her computer screen. Her black hair is tied back in a casual bun, and she's dressed in a simple blouse and jeans, the quintessential look of a busy screenwriter. "What is it, Amy?" she asks, her tone a mix of curiosity and impatience. "I'm trying to get this posted before I get yelled at for a late turnout."

"It won't take much of your time, Jazzy," Amy replies with a gleeful tone. "Besides, you're so good at this. You could turn it in within two hours tops."

"You've got a point," Jasmine says with a smile. "So, what do you need to talk about, Amy?"

"You got a phone call from your father a few minutes ago," Amy says, showing her the message on the office machine.

Jasmine's smile fades slightly, replaced by a look of concern.

"Did he say what it was about?"

"No, he just left a message saying it's urgent," Amy explains, her tone more serious now. "He wants you to call him back as soon as possible."

Jasmine takes a deep breath, her mind racing. "Alright, thanks for letting me know, Amy."

"Do you want to use the office phone?" Amy offers.

"No, I'll call from my cell," Jasmine says, reaching into her bag. "I need to finish this post first, but I'll call him right after."

Amy nods, giving Jasmine a reassuring smile. "I'm sure everything will be okay."

"Yeah, I hope so," Jasmine replies, her fingers already flying across the keyboard. She tries to focus on her work, but her thoughts keep drifting back to her father's message. What could be so urgent?

Jasmine's dad is a detective in the CIA, and he has been in the business for a long time. Whenever he calls, it's always something big and shocking. He's been swamped with a case that's left him somewhat disoriented, so Jasmine will sometimes analyze his evidence and give her thoughts on potential leads.

As Jasmine types away at her computer, the rhythmic tapping of keys serves as a temporary distraction from the growing knot in her stomach. The urgency in her father's voice echoes in her mind, and she can't help but wonder what type of crisis he might be entangled in this time.

She recalls the last time he called her with urgent news; it involved a significant lead in a case that had national implications, and Jasmine felt a mix of pride and worry as she helped him piece together the clues.

Jasmine has always admired her father's dedication to his work as a CIA detective. His stories about dangerous criminals, international spies, and high-stakes operations are thrilling, but they also remind her of the precarious nature of his job. The reality of his world often weighs heavily on her, especially when he reaches out with urgent requests for her insight.

As a screenwriter, Jasmine channels her creativity into crafting compelling narratives and character arcs. The film she's currently working on revolves around an undercover agent who uncovers a conspiracy that threatens national security. The parallels between her father's real-life experiences and her fictional storytelling often inspire her work, but today, the line between fiction and reality feels particularly blurred.

With a deep breath, Jasmine shifts her focus back to the screen. She knows she can't let her mind wander too much; she has a deadline to meet, and her producer is counting on her to deliver a gripping script. The screenplay is important-not just for her career, but it's a chance to tell a story that might resonate with audiences on a deeper level. She types faster, determined to finish the scene she's working on before she makes that phone call.