Chapter 23

Third Person's Point Of View

At the café, the air was thick with tension as Maloi, Stacey, and Aiah sat in a heavy silence. The earlier conversation had left a palpable unease among them.

Maloi finally stood up, breaking the silence. "I have to go na, baka hinihintay na ako ni Matt," she said, her voice tinged with a hint of anxiety.

As she was about to leave, Aiah instinctively reached out and held Maloi's wrist, catching her off guard.

"Bakit, Ate Aiah? May kailangan ka pa ba?" Maloi asked, confusion evident in her eyes.

Aiah slowly let go of Maloi's wrist, muttering, "Eh kasi..." Her hesitation made Maloi more confused.

Sensing something was off, Maloi's eyes landed on Stacey. "May problema ba?" Maloi asked, her voice firm.

Stacey took a deep breath. "Mikha went to confront your husband."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Maloi exclaimed, her heart pounding in her chest.

Stacey tried to soften the blow. "Baka kakausapin lang—"

But Maloi knew better. She knew Mikha too well.

Mikha wouldn't waste her voice on people she deemed worthless.

She'd use her fists instead.

Panic set in as she realized the gravity of the situation.

Without another word, Maloi rushed to her and Matt's place.

Her emotions whirlwind, a hint of relief as she neared the house.

As Maloi arrived, she saw Mikha standing there, her face bruised and eyes full of intensity. Their eyes met, and for a moment, Mikha thought Maloi would come to her.

But Maloi's loyalty to her husband pulled her towards Matt instead, a reminder to Mikha of where Maloi's allegiance lay.

Maloi quickly checked Matt's face, still unconscious from the earlier confrontation. She turned to Sheena, her eyes burning with questions. "What happened, Sheena? Bakit mo binigay kay Mikha yung address?"

Sheena tried to explain, but Mikha interjected, her voice dripping with disdain. "Ano? Pinagtatanggol mo pa ba 'yang kumag na 'yan?"

Maloi's gaze locked onto Mikha's once again, her anger clearly showing. "It's none of your business, Lim," she spat out, her voice cold and distant.

Mikha was hurt but tried to mask it with a chuckle, even as she felt a tear forming. Sheena and Gwen exchanged worried glances, recognizing the pain in Mikha's eyes as she looked away, trying to compose herself.

Maloi, oblivious to Mikha's inner turmoil, focused solely on her husband. She gently caressed Matt's face, her voice softening as she muttered, "Umalis na kayo, ako na bahala rito."

Sheena tried to protest. "Pero ate—"

"Sabing umalis na kayo! You're just making things worse eh!" Maloi yelled, her frustration boiling over.

Sheena's eyes filled with tears as Gwen took her hand, trying to comfort her. "Let's leave, bebe. Wala na tayong magagawa," Gwen said, her voice calm yet firm.

As Gwen and Sheena walked towards the door, Gwen glanced back to see Mikha still standing there, her eyes glued to Maloi and Matt. Gwen could see the hurt etched on Mikha's face and knew this was tearing her apart.

Gwen walked back, gently taking Mikha's hand and pulling her away. "Come on, Mikha. We need to go."

Maloi sighed deeply, feeling the weight of loneliness settling over her as the door closed behind Sheena, Gwen, and Mikha. She stood up slowly, retrieving an ice pack for Matt's face.