Chapter 24

Maloi's Point Of View

It's been two months since the confrontation with Mikha and the events that followed.

One night, I found myself in a restless sleep. I woke up to the feeling of someone gently shaking my body.

Groaning, I mumbled, "Stop moving, Matt."

The familiarity of the gesture made me believe it was my husband.

"Matt? Who's Matt?" a familiar voice jolted me awake.

My eyes snapped open, and to my astonishment, a girl was smiling at me.

That girl... that smile... I missed it so much.

My heart skipped a beat as I recognized her. I looked around, disoriented, and realized I was in my old college room.

The sight brought back a flood of memories, bittersweet and vivid.

The girl stood up, gesturing for me to follow her.

Still groggy and confused, I obeyed, my mind reeling.

We descended the stairs, sunlight peeking through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the familiar surroundings.

As we walked, the nostalgia became almost overwhelming.

Every detail of the house, every creak of the floorboards, seemed to echo with the past.

I finally found my voice and asked, "Anong ginagawa mo rito?"

The words came out more desperate than I intended, a reflection of the turmoil inside me.

She turned to me with that same smile, the one that had always made me feel safe. "I'm here to get you back," she replied, her voice gentle yet firm.

"Get me back? What do you mean?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, my heart pounding in my chest.

She just smiled, a knowing look in her eyes, as if she understood everything I was going through.

Before I could say another word, the dream began to dissipate, the edges blurring until I was pulled back into consciousness.

I woke up for real this time, the remnants of the dream lingering in my mind.

I slowly opened my eyes and sat up in bed.

The clock showed it was still midnight.

The soft ticking of the clock was the only sound in the otherwise silent room. I looked to my side and saw my husband lying there, confirming it was just a dream.

I let out a long sigh, rubbing my eyes as I tried to shake off the remnants of the dream.

The vividness of it had left a lingering sense of disorientation.

The girl's smile, the familiar warmth of her presence, it all felt too real.

Leaning back against the headboard, I closed my eyes again, trying to push her out of my mind.

I focused on my breathing, willing myself to find calm.

But no matter how hard I tried, her image lingered, a constant presence in my thoughts.

I couldn't help but reflect on the past few months. Matt had changed, but it wasn't enough.

There was still an emptiness within me, a void that his efforts couldn't fill.

My mind wandered back to the girl in my dream, her smile, her words.

The ache in my heart grew stronger, a dull, persistent throb that refused to fade.

I thought about the times when she had been there for me, the comfort and understanding she offered.

It was a stark contrast to the cold reality of my current situation.

I glanced at Matt, his face illuminated by the dim light filtering through the curtains. He looked so different now, yet the same issues plagued our relationship.

I wondered if I was clinging to a false hope, trying to salvage something that was irreparably broken.

The room felt suffocating.

I needed air, and space to think.

Gently, I slipped out of bed, careful not to wake Matt.

I wrapped a shawl around my shoulders and walked to the window, pushing it open to let the cool night breeze in.

The city was quiet, the streets below empty.

I leaned against the windowsill, staring out into the night, my mind a whirlwind of emotions.

The dream had stirred something deep within me, a longing for a different kind of life, one that was free from the constant struggle.

I knew I couldn't continue like this. The weight of my choices, the reality of my unhappiness, it all pressed down on me, making it hard to breathe.

As I stood there, lost in thought, the ache in my heart persisted, a reminder of what I was missing.

I closed my eyes, letting the tears flow freely, releasing the pent-up emotions that I had been holding back for so long.

At that moment, I realized that I couldn't keep living like this.

I needed to be true to myself, to find a way back to the person I once was.

It wouldn't be easy, but it was the only way to find peace.

I took a deep breath, the cool air filling my lungs, and made a silent promise to myself.

I would find a way to heal, reclaim my life, and be free from the chains that had bound me for so long.

With a heavy heart but a newfound determination, I turned away from the window and made my way back to bed.

As I lay down, I felt a sense of resolve settling over me.

Closing my eyes, I tried to push her out of my mind, but I just couldn't.

She lingered, a constant presence in my thoughts, and I felt an ache in my heart that refused to fade.

The vividness of the dream.

I sat there for a while, lost in thought. The girl in my dream represented a part of myself that I had lost, a part that was yearning to be found again.

As I lay there, I made a silent promise to myself. I would find a way to reclaim that lost part of me, to rediscover the person I once was.

Finally, I closed my eyes and allowed myself to drift back to sleep, knowing that the road would be rocky. But at least.

I can be me.

-