Chapter 5:- Functions Began!!!!

The air was light, and the decorations were beautiful. The house was decorated like a bride. Ragini and Swara were dressed beautifully for the upcoming functions, and they were both ready for the mehndi ceremony. Ragini and Swara sat next to each other while the mehndi artist applied mehndi on their hands. Swara and Ragini were very happy together.

"Madam, what letter should be written?" asked the mehndi artist to Ragini.

"Write 'L' on my hand," said Ragini, smiling.

Everything went beautifully; everyone danced and enjoyed themselves. However, Ragini felt a little sad because all the family members were more interested in Swara than in her, and most of the time, they were avoiding her, breaking her heart into a million pieces.

At night, Ragini was sitting on her bed, looking at her mehndi, but she was shocked to see her mehndi design. The letter 'L' wasn't clearly visible on her hand; her mehndi was spoiled a little. Ragini didn't know how this happened.

All the functions went peacefully without any hesitation or problems. Today was the wedding day, and everything looked extremely gorgeous. The house was beautifully decorated, and the laughter of the people could be heard clearly. They were all giggling and enjoying themselves; the laughter of the guests had its spark in the air.

As the Mehashwari family arrived, they were beautifully welcomed. Ragini and Swara came downstairs.

"Arre, Arpita ji, where is Laksh?" asked Shekhar, finding no clue about Laksh.

"Laksh is on the way. Actually, there was some important work he had to attend to, and now, due to traffic, he is late. But he will be arriving soon," said Arpita, covering up Laksh's absence.

Everyone just nodded. After a while, Panditji called for the bride and groom, but Laksh still wasn't there.

"I think we should proceed with Swara and Sanskar's marriage, as the muhurat will be over," said D.P., making his point.

Everyone agreed to it, but Ragini was having a weird feeling. Her inner feelings were saying that something wrong was going to happen, but she had no idea what it was.

Everyone proceeded with Swara and Sanskar's marriage. Everyone was really happy and showering flowers on them, but Ragini was getting worried with each passing second.

In these days, she had created a soft corner for Laksh, and she was ready to spend her whole life with him. She had accepted Laksh from the bottom of her heart.

"Where are you, Laksh? Please come fast, or the muhurat will pass! Look at all of them; no one is worried for me. They are all enjoying Swara's marriage," thought Ragini, looking worried.

"Arpita ji, Laksh is still not here. When will he be coming?" asked Shekhar.

By now, Swara and Sanskar were married to each other and had taken everyone's blessings. Everyone blessed the couple for a happy life in the future.

"Shekhar ji, let me call Laksh," said Arpita.

"Sure, please ask him to come fast, or the muhurat will be gone," said Shekhar, worried.

Arpita called Laksh, and they both talked to each other for a couple of minutes.

"Don't worry, Shekhar ji. Laksh is just outside; he is coming in a few minutes," said Arpita, assuring him.

"That's great," said Shekhar.

A smile also appeared on Ragini's face.

"Finally, Laksh is here, and now I will get married to him happily. Thank you so much, God, for sending Laksh on time. Thank you so much," said Ragini with a bright smile on her face; her face lit up.

Only if she knew that the day she was thinking of making the best day of her life would bring her pain. This day would become the most terrible dream of her life—the day she would lose everything. The day she was looking for happiness was going to bring her the greatest sorrow of her life.

As everyone was waiting for Laksh, Ragini, with a huge smile on her face, faded upon seeing Laksh in front of her. Though everyone was shocked to see how Laksh was dressed.

"Why is Laksh wearing such simple clothes on his wedding day? Why is he in a simple shirt and trousers?" Ragini's mind questioned.

"Laksh, why are you wearing this? Where is your sherwani?" questioned Arpita.

"Maa, I can't marry Ragini, and Ragini also doesn't want to marry me," said Laksh, looking down.

**************************************

So here is the update for today. Hope you all liked the update, if you liked the update do vote and comment down your views regarding it. Thanks for giving your precious time to my story.

**************************************