there's no heartbeat.

summary: autumn and winter go to the hospital as autumn keeps getting sharp pains in her stomach and end up finding out some bad news.

wordcount: 1260 words.

as autumn and winter came home from work autumn kept getting sharp pains in her stomach.

"my love are you okay?"

"yes im fine I just keep getting a sharp pain in my stomach."

"okay tell me if you need anything."

as they got home autumn went to get changed. when winter got change and went downstairs to the living room. it had been about 10 minutes and autumn was still not down. "my love are you okay?" as he walked up the stairs he heard silent sobbing in the bathroom.

as he peeked through the bathroom he saw autumn sitting in an pool of her own blood. "my love..."

"winter. im bleeding." she said with tears rimming her eyes.

winter knew what this could mean he didn't want to scare autumn but he knew she knew what he was thinking.

'lets go to the hospital my love" winter mumbled.

as they drove to the hospital autumn didn't dare to say anything to winter.

when they to to the hospital and got into a room the doctor did a scan.

"unfortunately there is no heartbeat. ill give you a minute."

as winter started crying autumn gave him an hug and hid her own tears into hid jumper.

"im so sorry winter its all my fault." autumn said

"don't say that. its not your fault my love."

as the doctor came back handing autumn a bottle of pills she said

"these are pain relief pills. after a miscarriage it is normal to experience abdominal pain for a few days. if needed take 2 pills. no more than 4 an day. im so sorry for you loss." as the doctor stepped out autumn and winter walked towards the car

as they walked out the hospital and into the car autumn couldn't help but apologise to winter over and over again.

winter put his hand on her thigh telling her its not her fault.

as soon as autumn got home she locked herself in her bedroom.

when winter finally managed to open the door he found autumn hiding under the blanket on the bed in one of his hoodies.

after an couple of hours of them talking through the blanket autumn finally took the blanket off her head.

"my love..."

when winter looked at autumn her hair was in a messy bun mascara was running down her face and her eyes were red from crying. winter had never seen autumn cry before. all he could think to do was hug her.

"im so sorry im sorry im so so so sorry." autumn kept repeating

"its not your fault. im not mad okay?"

"are you sure?" autumn mumbled

"definitely." winter said as he rubbed her back.

as they got home autumn immediately went to lock herself in the bathroom and decided while she was there she might as well shower. as soon as she turned the water on tears started pouring out her eyes.  she felt as her heart had shattered into a million pieces. she tried to forget the memories replaying in her mind of finding out they were pregnant, telling reece and marjorie and the midwife telling her there's no heartbeat but she just couldn't.