CHAPTER 2

KILLIAN ETTORE ABATE

There were only four other people apart from my brothers and my little angel and the PD. I didn't know who they were . Little angel was dressed in a black dress that reached her knees. It was just simple yet she made it look like a million bucks. She had a black suit jacket and on her feet she had black sexy killer heels that were too high. If she fell with those on,it would be fatal. I frowned. Did she have to wear such long heels?.Maybe it was to compensate for her height. Angel was too short . It was cute. She had on astoic expression and the whole time she was shifting through the papers on her desk . I looked up to see my brother being led in ,chains on his hands and feet with that dreadful prison uniform on. My heart squezed and l heard Allesio and Rafael's sharp intake of breadth when Robert walked in. He faced us and smiled. He didn't even look sad.

'All stand,' the officer shouted as the judge walked in. He had been newly sworn in and was one of the few bastards who actually gave a shit about justice. I had done a background search to see if there was anything l could hold against him but the bastard was squiky clean. That been said, he wasn't on my payroll.He made his way to the judge box and sat down. He was a burly man probably in his late fifties . We all sat down and he spoke ,

'I don't have much time . Make it quick.'
Angel stepped forward and said,

'Your Honor,we request that the defendant be released on bail pending trial. He has strong ties to the community,a stable residence and a job. He is also not on flight risk. And allow me please to point out that he is an alleged first time offender. '. The prosecutor guy stood up and made his way forward . I just wanted to shoot him right there and then .

' Your Honor,we object to trial. The defendant is accused of serious crimes including murder ,arms dealing and possession of drugs. They pose as a danger to society and he has means to flee the state if released. . I itched to just pull out my gun. He was gonna meet a mysterious accident soon. Angel took a step forward. The level of confidence she was exhibiting was just sexy and l felt the stirs of arousal. The judge spoke up.

'What assurances can the defense provide the court to ascertain that the accused will appear for trial and not engage in further criminal activities?'

'My client is willing to surrender his passport, submit to regular check-up with the law enforcement,reside with a designated guardian and wear an electronic monitoring device to ensure their presence at trial. ' That list was all bull. If  Robert wanted out of the country, he would be out of the country. It didn't matter what she was saying but let's just let them believe what they wanted ey? So long as my brother got home.

' Your Honor,these assurances are insufficient given the severity of the crimes . '

'After careful consideration, the defendant's request for bail will be granted considering that you follow through with your assurances counsel?', Angel stepped forward just slightly.

'Yes your Honor. '

'Bail is set at 2 .7 million, ' and he hit down his harmer or whatever the hell they call it. We all stood up as the judge made his way out. Angel smirked at the prosecutor guy and he only laughed as he walked over to her . Weird. Weren't they supposed to be enemies?I frowned. They talked for some time before he  patted her on the arm , gave a nod and walked away. Angel picked up her papers ,stashed them neatly in a manila file and walked over to me.

'You can go get your brother as we wait for trial. ' I chuckled. She was the one who had it out with my brother for not greeting her and here she was.Talk about hypocrisy. I chuckled. Up close she was stunning and that dress was making my body heat up . Fuck. I extended my hand , desperate for any form  of physical contact. I just wanted to touch some part of her and not in a handshake. She accepted the handshake and her skin was softer than l remembered. I nearly closed my eyes to engrave the feeling to memory. This is bad . Really bad. She wasn't wearing any makeup. Her brown skin shining with a natural glow that was rare to find these days. She had changed her hairstyle from our previous meeting and the current new one fitted her just right. It was a bob of some sorts with lines snaking on her head . Oh well , hairstyles had never been my forte.