Chapter 8

KILLIAN ETTORE ABATE

I was never one to have believed in what they call love . Love existed yes ,but only as family love and between friends. Not that Romeo and Juliet bullshit. I always believed love was something people made up to manipulate others' feelings. But staring at her right now ,dressed in that small tight dress ,l had no doubt l was irrevocably, undeniably in love . I didn't know if it happened the first time we met or somewhere along the road but all l knew was that l was knee deep with her. There she stood , staring at me with wide eyes , looking as if she couldn't really fathom that l was there, standing just a few feet away from her. I traveled my eyes down her body , drinking her in. Dio. She was perfect. My body reacted the way it always seemed to react around her. I took small steps towards her and she watched me almost warrily.I stopped when l was directly in front of her, looming over her short body. It was almost funny,our height difference. Her lovely scent wafted to my nostrils and l closed my eyes , breathing her in. Honey and lavender. Hypnotizing. I opened my eyes and smiled at her. She frowned.

'You didn't answer the question angel'. I dropped my voice an octave deliberately and felt satisfaction course through me when she missed a breath and her lips parted a fraction. Good.

'Killian?',It was weird. How much the mere sound of my name coming from her lips could elicit such a strong reaction from me.I wanted her to keep saying it over and over,but preferably when I'm on top of her , giving her pleasure. Making sinful memories.

'Yes love . It's me. Didn't know you came to clubs?',It came out as a question rather than a statement.

'Oh that. It was a spur of the moment thingy. ' Umm . Is that right?

'You came alone?',I held my breath in anticipation of her answer. I didn't know what l would do if she told me she came with another man. I had told her she was mine but she was a stubborn one.

'No', rage filled me in an instant ',l came with Loretta '. Oh. Her crazy friend.

'Where is she?',She gestured to the car beside her.

'Passed out. '

'Oh. And you? Didn't have that many drinks? ' ,She laughed . Not that reserved half forced like laugh she usually uses but full blown laughter, making me wonder if she wasn't drunk since what l had said wasn't that funny anyway. But no matter. It was a beautiful sound.

'I drank alright. I just can't ever seem to get drunk. 'I reached out and pulled her by the waist towards me. She gasped and put her small hands on my chest , prompting heat to spread wildly throughout my body. Honey and lavender . Her slightly opened mouth was inviting me to kiss her. I had yet to kiss her and my body was wound up in anticipation of tasting her red painted lips. I leaned in ,aiming for her lips but was stopped by her hand landing on my mouth. Blinking in confusion, l raised my eyebrows at her in question.

'I can't kiss you right now. '

'Huh? Why not? ', my voice came out harder than l had intended , irritation the main cause.

'I -l -just can't '. Edith stammering? Something was up. She looked at my chest,refusing to lift her eyes to meet mine.

'Why not?',

'I can't tell you that. ' Can't tell me ?I was about to question her when an Audi R8 rolled ,its lights blinding us for a moment before it stopped  directly in front of us.Rude fucker. Edith wiggled out of my arms and l let her be. The driver's door to the Audi opened and the last person l expected to come out did. Trevor Murungu. He was a supplier of everything illegal in the whole fucking world. The guy was linked with the world in ways that still amazed me to this day. From Africa,Jozi ,Ibiza ,America even fucking Asia ,you name it. We had made a lot of deals since his transfer to Italy three years ago. What the fuck was he doing here?I saw Edith walking towards the guy like it was an everyday thing. Murungu had his usual poker face on. He looked behind me and for a minute, something flashed in his eyes before it was instantly snubbed out. He only gave a nod of aknowledgement and l did the same .

'Finally. Thought you had lost your way or something. 'I blinked. I had never heard anyone talking to Murungu in that manner but my angel apparently had bigger balls than most of the man l knew . Or maybe they knew each other. I rubbed my face frustratedly. The night was just piling with questions l had yet to get the answers to. How did they know each other? Murungu did not say anything in response to Edith's comment but just rolled his eyes before opening Edith's passenger door and picking up angel's crazy friend ,rather delicately l might add. He looked over to me his face hardening and l smirked. Aargh. His weakness l presume. He then tilted his head towards Edith and mirrored my actions. My jaw locked involuntarily. A direct message. I hurt the crazy friend,he hurts Edith. Oh well. They exchanged a few words l didn't get them he placed his whatever in the backseat,got in his car and drove off. Edith sighed and turned to me.

' Who is he?',I willed my voice to be calm.

'Trevor. Loretta's husband. Husband. Ummm. Might come in handy.

'Right. I'm taking you home now'.

'Don't you have some business or whatever to take care off ?',I did have actually but most of it was done anyway. The people l had come to deal with where now in the basement under the club, missing a few limbs and other organs. But she didn't need to know that.

'I'm done anyway. Come .' I said as l walked towards her and pulled her by her arm towards the back where my car was parked . She tried to protest but my strength was no match to hers .

'What about my car? '

'Don't worry love. It will be safe and l will pick it up tomorrow. ' She mumbled something incorrigible under her breadth. We reached my car and l opened the door for her. She eyed me and l smiled charmingly at her. She got in and sat down. I rounded the car and sat on the driver's side. After sending a quick message to Roberto letting him know l was headed out ,l started the car. I glanced over at Edith and noticed she hadn't put her seatbelt on. I never did but her safety was important. I leaned over and heard her sharp intake of breadth. I smiled . It never seemed to amaze me ,how she was so affected by my presence. I continued to lean until we were breathing the same air. Placing a light kiss on her neck ,l pulled the belt and clicked it into place before seating back . She was now glaring daggers at me . Cute.  I only smiled at her and she rolled her eyes. Oh angel. I was gonna spank that attitude out of her. Stealing one last glance at her ,l let my mind go rambad for a few minutes till l reeled myself in.

Soon my angel.