Chapter 6

EDITH TINAYE CHAWASEMA

'I really don't get it. You can just come chill with me in the office. I mean , it's not like you are going anywhere Edith please. I will die if you leave. I can't survive without you. You are my lifeline in that building. Please don't do this. I thought we were beat friends. Best friends don't do each other like that '. I rolled my eyes as l listened to Loretta. She was being dramatic as always.

' I survived alone without you when you went on your vacations babe. You will manage'. She pouted.

' You don't love me . If you did..',

'Let's cut the drama shall we?', I stood up from my bed where l was lying amd made my way to the kitchen. It was now  midday and l was hungry. Since l had finished with Roberto's case, l was now taking my three month leave and this idiot was acting as if l was going to space. I wasn't even leaving the city or the country, I was just taking a break from work. I heard her footsteps following me . I made a two sandwiches and cut them diagonally. Pouring orange juice in a glass ,l placed two of the pieces and placed them in front of her , seated in the island in the kitchen. She continued to complain whilst chewing and l didn't even bother trying listening to what she was going on about. Instead, l finished eating,rinsed the dishes and went back to the bedroom. I heard the clang of dishes and sound of running water as she rinsed the ones she had been using before she followed me to the bedroom. She found me lying on the bed again. Honestly,it felt good knowing l didn't have a pile of work waiting for me. Winning Roberto's case had proved to be a major turning point for our firm. Clients were now pouring in . But l had to take a break. For my own sanity. And also ,l had to get away so l could regroup and forget about a certain Italian man that had been haunting my every waking moment. It wasn't healthy, this amount of thinking. And it also didn't help that everytime l imagined myself with him ,we would be doing adult ,sinful things that would always leave me horny and wanting. God. He was the epitome of perfect. It was safe to say he had become my little obsession. I stalked his accounts ,using a fake account of course. Not that he ever posted anything. The pics l could find where on Google and he looked like a snack,a whole meal in fact. The rest were found on his little brother's account. That guy posted literally everything and everyone in his life. But l was only interested in the guy that had black deep eyes,tanned smooth skin that looked lickable and hands that looked like they bring out the hoe in him. My inner hoe rolled her eyes at that. Just thinking about him made my body tinkle in ways l had never felt before. My dreams starred of hit sex where he would choke me ,bite me and whisper all dirty things while he fucked me into oblivion. And it didn't help that l had had a taste of him in that bathroom. Just thinking back to that day made me clench my thighs. The way he claimed me. My inner goddess snickered, remembering the way l had acted ans replied him. What? A girl can't just give in. He could never know that l thought of him that way. I was gonna stop obsessing over him anyways. As soon as l find myself a good may,l would bann him from my thoughts. Loretta cleared her throat and l realized that she had been quiet and starring at me the whole time.

' Girl, just jump his bones and get it over with. You have become a little stalker now . It's all those salts in you. Get laid and become normal again'. Loretta was my best friend. So of course she knew about my unhealthy stalking. I rolled my eyes at her statement.

'I'm gonna get laid soon . Don't fret.'She snickered and l sent daggers her way.

' What? Don't look at me that way.Yiu wanna find a lay then you gotta work for it. Which gives me an idea. Let's go to the club. '

'Haaa no . I'm good '.

'Come in motherfucker. You want to get over your obsession right?',I give her a pointed look ,'then get your ass up, shave or something. Tonight we are gonna hit the club. God. I miss getting wasted and loud music.'

'Its not guaranteed that l will find someone.' She shrugged.

'Of course not. But you will never know if you keep sitting on your ass. Just make sure that obsession of yours doesn't see you. '

'What? Why?',Her eyes took a dangerous glint.

'A man who claims you is dangerous. That man gives me the vibes of someone who doesn't even think twice before killing someone. You even told me yourself you think they are into crime. He is just like Trevor k think. Too territorial.' It was true though. That guy was nuts ,as hot as he was.

'I don't know Loretta. I mean ,he does give off those vibes but l just kind help but be attracted to him. 'She gives me a sympathetic look .

'I know babe girl . You have always been attracted to the bad boys ', we both laugh at this ', we can think about this  later on but today come nightfall we are going to a club. If you don't want to get laid ,then fine, but we are gonna get wasted ,flirt and dance our asses off. I laughed.

'Trevor is not gonna like that.' Like she had mentioned earlier, her husband was a possessive guy who was always grumpy. He only ever smiled at Loretta. If he learned about our plan ,he would lock Loretta up. He would have no other men within five feet of her ih he could have it her way.

' I know. But tonight is gonna be about us. Monday l will back at the office and since you won't be there it's gonna be hectic, l won't have some time off. So please love, come with me tonight. I will deal with Trevor later. ' I wasn't  a fan of nightclubs at all, but if your best friend asks you to accompany her you have to put aside your introvertedness. I could bag myself a hottie amd finally have some. I mean,it would be fun . Nothing could go wrong .

Right?