09

"Ah, you mean beomgyu?" He asked and you quickly nodded.

"Alright. Beomgyu really raps good right?" He added and you decided to nod again.

"Amazing rapping skills!" You added now sipping on the remaining soup.

"Since when are you following us?" He asked again. You wondered why was he asking so much today but you were a bit more focused on making it out alive right now.

"A few years!" You lied again.

"Alright." He nodded with a smile.

"Well, Ms. [Your Name], I wonder why you're lying to me?" His statement made you choke on the soup and you started coughing and Soobin passed you water.

You took it from him and drunk it until you felt better.

"Um, I" You stuttered, wondering how to cover it up.

"It's alright if you lied. I just need to know the reason." He added, his expression looking genuine which motivated you to spill the beans.

"Well, my niece, Ho Yeon, she's a huge fan. And when she heard about the fan date thing, she got excited." You begin while Soobin looked at you with will-you-plz-elaborate look.

"She couldn't apply for herself, so she put in my name and then somehow, i won and she pleaded me to be here and so..." You left the rest to be history.

"Alright." He nodded as if he's a free man now.

"Well, how'd you know?" You asked, genuinely curious.

"I knew it the second we met." He begun and your eyes streched wide.

"Usually, fans go crazy when they see us, you didn't. They bombard us with questions about our personal lives, you didn't. They can't stop gushing about how they found us and how much they love us, you didn't." He continued and you realised how badly you failed at faking to be his fan.

"I'm sorry." You said.

"No you don't need to, because I liked that." His words made you question if you heard it right.

"You're the first person who asked me how my day was." He finished and you remembered it from your first date.

"Thanks for asking that. It meant a lot." He added with a smile and you smiled back.

"I just wish you didn't lie." He added and you felt very guilty now.

"I'm sorry." You softly apologized and stood up to leave but Soobin held your hand from behind.

"Wait Ms. [Your Name]!" He stopped you holding your hand and you turned to look at him.

"Now you know I'm lying Mr. Soobin. There's no more reason for pretending. But thankyou very much for understanding." You said trying to free your hand from his grip.

"Don't you wonder that even when I knew you lied, why'd I asked for a second date?" He asked and you actually begun wondering it.

"To catch me red handed?" You sufficed.

"Because I wanted to spend time with you. Because i wanted to get to know you." His words left you in complete awe. This really doesn't feel real.

"Are we being filmed?" You asked at the prospect of him acting out for some vlog or reality show.

"Come on!" Soobin started laughing and it confirmed he wasn't lying.

He held both of your hands in his and came closer to you which fastened your heartbeat at his closeness.

"Mr. Soobin, what are you doing?" You asked, flabbergasted now.

"Soobin, I want you to call me Soobin." He demanded looking into your eyes and your blood gushed.

You couldn't even disagree, nor could you actually call him casually like that.

"I want another date with you." He said and you were shocked again.

"What?" You asked with wide eyes.

"Please." His puppy eyes made it impossible to say no.

"Um,...." You stuttered.

"Ok! Next Sunday!" He announced and you simply nodded, hesitantly.

"Alright. I'll leave now." You said wanting to run away.

"Well, the song I sung that time wasn't cat and dog, it was run away. Also, beomgyu isn't the maknae, it's Huening Kai, and beomgyu is also not the rapper, it's me." He explained making you feel a lot more dumb now.

"Alright! Byeee!" Out of embarrassment, you literally ran away and you were sure Soobin is a laughing mess behind.