Chapter 5: Shadows of Betrayal

As Chai hung up the phone, a heavy silence fell over the garage. Saifah and Chai exchanged worried glances, the weight of Pakin’s words sinking in.

“We need to be careful, Saifah,” Chai said, his voice low. “Something bigger is at play here.”

Saifah nodded, feeling a growing sense of dread. “I agree. Let’s finish up here and prepare for Pakin’s visit.”

Hours passed, and the garage was filled with a tense quiet. Saifah couldn’t shake the feeling that they were being watched, and he kept glancing around, his senses on high alert. When Pakin finally arrived, his expression was grim. He stepped out of his car, and his eyes immediately met Saifah’s.

“Let’s talk inside,” he said, his tone leaving no room for argument. Saifah, Chai, and Pakin moved to the office, and Saifah immediately called Phayu.

“Yu, you need to be here. It’s serious,” Saifah said. Within twenty minutes, Phayu arrived, worry etched on his face.

As soon as Phayu entered the office, Pakin began, “I didn’t send that note, Saifah. Mark was acting on his own. But when I went to find him, he was already dead. Someone got to him before I could.”

Phayu’s eyes widened. “What? Why would someone kill Mark?”

Pakin sighed, rubbing his temples. “Greed, revenge, who knows? But this means someone else is pulling the strings, and they’re not afraid to get their hands dirty.”

Chai looked between them, concern etched on his face. “So, what do we do now? If Mark was involved with someone else, they might still be out there.”

Pakin nodded. “That’s why we need to be vigilant. I’ve increased security around my manor and here at the garage. We can’t let our guard down. It is unknown whether they have problem with my family or your family or maybe they just want to plant trap for both of our family.”

Phayu clenched his fists. “We need to find out who’s behind this. This is personal now. If they can get to Mark, they can get to anyone.”

Saifah felt a surge of determination. “We’ll get to the bottom of this, Yu. We won’t let anyone threaten our family.”

Pakin gave a curt nod. “Good. I’ll be staying in touch. If you find anything, report to me immediately.”

As Pakin left the garage, Saifah, Phayu, and Chai stood in the dimly lit office, the weight of the situation settling heavily on their shoulders.

“You need to keep an eye on everything and everyone,” Chai said. “No more surprises.”

Phayu agreed, his mind racing with thoughts of the mysterious notes and the threats they carried. “We need to be proactive. Let’s start by finding out more about Mark’s connections. Whoever killed him might still be out there, and they might be coming for us next. I’ll handle the investigation from our side. We can’t afford to miss anything.”

Saifah nodded, his mind racing with thoughts of the mysterious notes and the threats they carried. He couldn’t shake the feeling that this was only the beginning of a much larger and more dangerous game.

____________________

The following day, Phayu began his investigation with renewed vigor. He started by combing through Mark’s contacts, looking for any leads or suspicious connections. Meanwhile, Saifah decided to visit the family and Rain at the hospital, determined to get their forgiveness and ensure their safety.

Saifah arrived at the hospital, his mind racing. He knocked on the door of Rain’s room and entered when he heard a faint “Come in.”

Rain looked up from his phone, surprise flickering in his eyes when he saw Saifah. “Who are you?” he asked, his voice still weak from his injuries.