Given Some Time

Third Person POV

***Earlier***

"Hey, Joceline." Haruhi asked, "Did you get the wet towel?"

She looked from the door and back again. Of course he hadn't followed her, and so she relaxed. With a sensitive grin, she handed the dripping cloth to Tohru who had just finished rubbing a cooling solution on his wrists. Tamaki smiled and weakly thanked them for the time.

"Daddy couldn't have asked for a better girl..."

Tohru giggled, "I'm sure Haruhi's dad is proud-"

"He means himself..."

She glanced at her with a perplexed stare. 'H-himself?' Tohru couldn't even imagine how that would work. With the small age difference and- Haruhi quickly corrected her wonder.

"He likes to refer to us hosts as family members." She stated, and Tohru's eyes widened.

"That's...awesome! Right, Joceline?" Their eyes wandered over to the girl standing in the doorway still. Her face drawn a blank. As the clock chimed four in the afternoon, she shook her head."Joceline?"

She jumped, "Yes?"

"Are you feeling alright?"

With an elongated sigh, she answered, "I'm just worried about Tamaki."

***Present***

Kaoru's POV

"Hey, Tohru!" I sang, and Hikaru joined in. "Where's the others?"

She smiled, hanging up one of our towels from the beach. I never noticed how peaceful she had seemed. Even with Kyo causing her so much pain, for some strange reason everything that came out of her mouth was either with a smile or a laugh. Hikaru smirked.

"They all went to see Hatori," She replied, "it's been a long time since they have talked. Since New Years, I believe."

"Well," He asked, "Why didn't he stay and visit last time?"

With a pause, she wondered to herself as he waited for an answer of some sort. I nudged his shoulder. 'She doesn't seem to know anything about those boys...' His smiled grew, 'They probably don't want her to know...' Suddenly with a beam, she laughed.

"That's Hatori for ya, you never can really figure him out!"

We sighed in unison. Either we were wrong, or she just wasn't too bright. Hikaru glanced at me thinking the same thing. With a devilish smirk, we laughed on the inside. 'But we're never wrong.' A thought hit me.

"Hey, Tohru, do you know where Joceline is?"

"I think she went for another walk in the garden." She giggled,"I think she has had enough heights for one day."

After saying goodbye, I pulled my twin outside into the hallway. With a playful cry he winced.

"Kaoru, you're hurting me!"

I covered his mouth and whispered, "Go talk to her while I go do something!"

Before he could say anything, I hurried off. At last, I was free. Tamaki was too sick to notice, but it was a good thing the King had us. All I have to do is see what she was so upset about.

Hikaru and I had never been apart, but there lately, I had been getting more jumpy and eager to go out on my own. That date with Haruhi was supposed to do the trick.

He just wasn't ready.

It wasnt hard to find Joceline. She was so easy to read thanks to spending time at the Host Club. All girls acted the same-Haruhi being the one exception- whether it was a boy or food.