7% || The Prophet

⿴﹒music is applied to this chapter﹔🎧

'' Army Dreamers ''
Kate Bush

The outside air tore through my raincoat

The outside air tore through my raincoat. It blocked me from the harsh rains of the mountain but the cold still froze my skin and for once I begged for the snow. Everything about this situation made me want to rip my hair out, made me want to run and hide in the arms of my deceased mother. 

I pounded on the door of the oak cabin up on that adorable little hill by the water dragons' stream. It cracked open, the light blue hair of Hennie just barely visible, "I need your big sister! Can you get her for me?" I called through the storm.

Hennie opened the door just enough for me to see her eyes sparkling up at me, in her night gown she stepped to the side to let me in, "Come on, get out of the rain before you catch a cold!" 

I stumbled in, shoving off my raincoat and hanging it up on the coat rack hurriedly, "Lady Blake!" I called out. 

Laying on the couch, rubbing her eyes while her hair curled out around her in waves, Blake rubbed her eyes and yawned quietly, "Ugh, what's going on?" 

I finally paid attention to what was going on in their tiny household. Blake sat on the couch, attempting to wake herself, Percy curled up in her lap with his Slime Dragon tightly held to his chest. In his human form, Ohme lay on the other side of the couch, slightly more sprawled than Percy, and trapping Blake on the couch as a small assist for Percy. A small burrow of Blankets behind the legs of Ohme and the back of Blake showed Hennie's previous sleeping spot. 

Sighing quietly, I mumbled an apology, "I'm sorry, I just-- I saw something that I feel needs to be addressed immediately!" I stumbled out, holding my hands out toward her. 

Blake took the hair tie from her hand, sighing dramatically before throwing her legs out over the side of the couch and pushing herself off her family cuddle nest. She tied her hair up into a tight bun, stumbling her way to the kitchen, "What now?" 

My heart tinged when I saw Ohme lazily reach out toward her, mumbling something about her returning back to the nest and a quiet scolding before drifting back to sleep himself after Hennie tossed a blanket back over him & plopped down behind him, dragging Percy up between the two.

"I had a vision, one with our former temp patient, Lucas." 

That seemed to catch her attention because she whipped around and stared at me intensely, my brain seemed to frag underneath her gaze because I just stared at her longer than I meant to. 

Hennie watched us with tired eyes, Percy too fast asleep from running around all day to care about the voices around his house. Ohme just barely opened his eyes, processing who was in his house and then passing out right after.

The slime dragon curled on Ohme's hip, watching us with such wide-awake eyes that I didn't expect to see from any creature in this household at all at such a late time.

I looked back over at Blake, "Uhm, yeah. The God Slayer? He was there, he was standing behind someone who was talking to someone else, and that someone else had a melted face and a weird twisted vibe to him. Then someone else seemed to rise from the ground and I watched every little kid get pulled out right from under their feet!" 

I seemed to be talking too fast because Blake threw up her hands, "Woah, woah-- are you sure this wasn't just a nightmare? The new sickness that has been going around the village has been causing a lot of nightmares apparently it was caused by some stupid teenager deciding to snort Witch's Brew Powder."

I stared at her, "Uhm-- I have been working on a lot of those cases, maybe you're right. I have been getting itchy skin as of late too. . .I'll put myself on sick leave. Can you call me out of work tomorrow?" 

"Of course, just go to bed, drink lots of water, and don't forget to drink some actual witch's brew, not snort it." Blake joked, her voice so gentle I was almost shocked since I woke her up at 2 am just to bug her about a nightmare. 

I picked up my raincoat from the coat rack, looking behind me to see Blake chug down a bottle of water and join her siblings and father on the couch, plopping down on the other side of the couch and letting them all return to their former spots. 

All curled together like there was never even an issue between them all before.

____★。\|/。★____

7%

The Prophet

The Carnival

Date: August 15th, 2024

. . .𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫. . .

❝𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫❞

In this AU, Yamitsu is allergic to strawberries. Why? Because I say so.

[ A / N ] : 

Cutiepies and their cuddle-pile, now Sovanna I bet if you just put your goddamn ego aside you and your SIX SIBLINGS would be able to cuddle like that too. Because believe me the Gretel to your Hanel would not be opposed to getting attention from her fricking brother <3 !!