47% || Horrors Of The Servant's Quarters

⿴﹒music is applied to this chapter﹔🎧

'' Song name ''
artist

He stared at the two of us, his ginger hair swooping around his ears while he played with it quietly

He stared at the two of us, his ginger hair swooping around his ears while he played with it quietly. Waiting for anyone to say anything, he was much of a talker from what I had known of so it was shocking to me to hear him so silent, even seeing him so utterly still caught me off guard.

"That was Jill as people call her, she's the hallway mimic. She comes out of the basement during nighttime. You should know better than to approach the basement ever, never the less leave your room before the sun is up. Mac keeps a holy spell on the doors making it impossible for Jack & Jill to get into the rooms unless you open the door for them." Ichor mumbled golden eyes staring across the room at my hands interlocked with my brother's shirt.

I felt horrid trying to let go of Sovanna who was still shaking and dead silent from the previous experience, especially with the sight of crimson-red blood pooling around his calf. His eyes watching it warily.

Ichor looked between us. He was a single human stuck in a room with two demonic-presenting people. At least that's how I assumed he looked at it. When he first met me he asked for my name, and where I was from, and then he asked what I was. He was shocked when I told him I was a dragon elf and tried to laugh it off that he thought I was a devil of some kind.

I knew I should have thought it was offensive but it made me laugh as well, he was a bit of a blabbermouth and overshared quite frequently, but at least I knew a lot about him now. Such as how he had been a servant here since he was a child, so he didn't know much about anything outside of the street of the mansion.

Ichor's jaw worked for a second, and then he mumbled, "I see the orange streaks-- the sun will be out soon." He mumbled.

Though my brain kept rerouting to that he was the sun. With his ginger hair and golden eyes his gold-freckled skin and his warm personality. It reminded me of the sun. The sun I used to wander in out on the beach all the time, the sun that would warm my skin after running around in the cold streams.