0: Feathers

"Why are you just standing there?! Someone call an ambulance!"

"But Alan you're the one who-" A girl whines, as she clings to Alan's shoulder.

"An ambulance? Bro, we need to hide the body."

'Why are you so shocked?' I smirk up at my classmates leaning over the railing on the top floor. I watch as their previous confidence turn to shock and panic. 'Isn't this what you wanted? Not so tough now that you're watching me die?'

My classmates were taunting me ever since I started high school. I was so smart, I changed the curve, making their grades C+'s. They weren't happy about that. Taunts turned to bullying, and bullying turned to threats. Threats to kill me. I tried to ignore them, like my dad would have wanted, and it worked for a while. My grades started to decline, purely because of distraction, but my teachers called it incompetence. But then I found someone who comforted me and made me feel safe, Alan. I thought he liked me back, but he was the one who pushed me.

The start was rocky because of Alan's strong push but I felt light as a feather when I fell, it was like I was flying. But then I felt the impact, I felt my bones break when they reached the concrete floor.

Now, seeing him with all the others, leaning over that damn balcony with his mouth open in shock, I regret caring for him in the first place. Never ever would I have another love, because I wouldn't get the chance to. Lying in a pool of my own blood, I don't even need to worry about doing the laundry anymore.

It hurts, but I still laugh bitterly, trying to ignore the tears. This was the worst. I even pitied myself.

"Goodbye, cruel world." I whisper softly, but I say most of it in my head. "Tell Dad that I made it to 17," I pause. "And him I'm sorry if I don't make it to Heaven, because I never was one to believe in God anyway..."

Oh. Then I guess that's it then, all I'll see from now on is jet black.

(A/N: Obviously not, that would make a very boring book.)