02. Black Suits

CHAPTER TWO       :         BLACK SUITS

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

The following morning I woke up earlier than usual as with each progressing moment I'd get more and more excited for my transfer. Not only was I excited for my immediate exit from this town but also for the possibilities that have been and are going to be given to me at Harmony Hall Academy.

Now, I finally won't feel like an outcast and be amongst people who want to learn. And just the thought of that is like a breath of fresh air.

I rode to the airport in the backseat with my parents in the front, driving silently as Cyndie Lauper's Time After Time played softly on the morning radio. Her voice calmed me along with the vibrant morning I was able to wake up to today.

So far, everything was going perfectly and it had truly felt like I was heading to a fresh start. I plan to leave my old life here in the past, thankful I will never have to see Ashley ever again or any of my classmates. Especially after yesterday's lunch debacle.

I plan to continue my optimism and decide to attempt to make a name for myself at the academy instead of keeping my head down like at Redwood. I know that at an elite school like Harmony Hall, they'd have no time for cliches or social status. In the headmaster's letter, It seemed that all students there adhered to academics. And despite my social goal, That was my priority.

In my mind I had my time at the academy all planned out. With the help of Google, I'd decided to focus on my studies first before friends. After reading the headmaster's description I'd then go on a deep dive in which I'd find that she was extremely strict. And the same could go for the teachers.

But progressively I expect I will become interwoven with the students of the school — I'll try to make friends and make myself known. (To an extent of course. I refused to experience the pressures of popularity after seeing what that does to a person ... aka Ashley.)

I kept my eyes on the window beside me until we were pulling up to the airport. My joy had increased — feeling as if it had overgrown and spilled out of me in excited squeals. My mom turns to look at me with an equally excited smile,

"I know I don't have to worry if you're excited or not." She states as she laughs softly. My dad joins in on her statement as he pulls us into the lobby along with other cars on the curb, "You know June. She's always been excited for a challenge."

I playfully roll my eyes at my dad's comment, letting myself out of the car quickly to get my bags. My dad helps me carry some of them as well as my mom, and we all walk into the airport to get me checked in and prepared for my flight.

Despite my planning, this opportunity still didn't feel real. I had been chosen to go here. My parents didn't have to pay or have to know the headmaster personally. Due to my intelligence, I was going to this school. The thought would become a mantra as I walked through the airport — consuming me in jitters.