Chapter 6: Safe place

Advay's PoV

The first time I saw her, I was mesmerized by her innocent face. She looked so pure, so untouched by the harshness of the world, that I felt an overwhelming urge to protect her, to shield her from everything. Her shy glances, the way she got nervous while talking to me everything about her made me fall deeper. I never believed in love at first sight, but after seeing Vedika, I started believing in it. The only problem is the age gap she's ten years younger than me and still in school. But in love, does age really matter?

Arghh! I am so confused. When I saw her getting ready for the party tonight, she looked so beautiful. I didn't want to let her go. The thought of other men seeing her, possibly wanting her, made my blood boil. She is mine, only mine.

Right now, I was trying to read a file that's been sitting on my desk for a week. Every time I try to focus, my thoughts drift back to her. The night she hugged me... I never thought men felt butterflies, but I did. I wanted to hold her close, never let her go, but I can't scare her off with my intensity.

Suddenly my phone rang, pulling me back to reality. It was Tasha. I glanced at the clock—it was already midnight. They were supposed to be home by now.

I answered the call, hearing Tasha crying on the other end, making my heart drop.

"Bhaiya," she sobbed.

"What happened, Tasha? Why are you crying? Is everything fine?" I asked, my voice filled with dread.

"Bhaiya, I can't find Vedika," she said, and fear clawed at my insides.

"What do you mean you can't find her?" I shouted, panic surging through me. "Didn't Mumma tell you not to leave her alone?"

"Bhaiya, she went to the washroom and didn't come back. It's been almost an hour," Tasha explained, her voice trembling.

"You wait there. I'm coming," I said, grabbing my keys and rushing out.

As I drove to the party, a thousand scenarios ran through my mind, each one worse than the last. How could I have let her go? The thought of her in any kind of trouble made my blood run cold.

When I arrived, I spotted Tasha immediately. She ran up to me, tears streaming down her face.

"Bhaiya, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to lose her," she cried.

"Calm down, Tasha. We'll find her," I said, trying to keep my own fear in check.

I began searching the house, calling out her name. My heart pounded in my chest, the fear almost paralyzing.

"Please be fine Vedika" my heart kept on saying

Then, I spotted them a group of boys standing near a room at the far end of a secluded hallway, their stance casual but their eyes shifty. Suspicion flared within me.

"Move," I commanded, my voice cold and deadly.

One of the boys sneered at me. "Who the heck are you, and why should we move?"

I stepped closer, my gaze unwavering, my voice dropping to a blood-chilling tone. "Move, or it will be really bad for you."

They hesitated, sensing the danger, but the ringleader still tried to front. "No, we—"

Before he could finish, my fist connected with his face in a powerful punch, sending him sprawling to the ground. The other boys, seeing my unrestrained rage, scurried away like frightened mice.

I reached for the door, finding it locked. My fury surged. "Open it," I ordered, my voice a low growl.

One of the boys, now trembling visibly, fumbled with the keys. His hands shook so much that he nearly dropped them, but he managed to unlock the door. I shoved it open and stormed inside, my heart racing with a mix of fear and anger.