INTEZAAR (OS)

The VR manson was decked up. Chachi and Aryan were busy checking the final arrangements. Ishani was sitting with a swollen belly and was instructing workers regarding final decorations and the cake.
Sia was busy with her bhabhi in making HER to get ready.

Dadi was talking with her friends when Riansh descended stairs with their princess "Avanthika Vansh Raisinghaniya".

Lady: Kitne pyaare lag rahe hai teeno Indrani Ji! Bhagwaan karein ki yeh teeno aise hi khush rahe hai aur kisi ki Nazar na Lage.

Dadi gave a faint smile.

Only if they knew that long back it was broken and it was just a facade for the well being of that little angel who is actually also going to be the heir of Vansh Raisinghaniya.

After blowing candles of her Princess's first birthday, Riddhima fed her a piece of cake which she happily ate without any tantrums. Though she flinched a little bit seeing a lot of people, her father softly rubbed her back and soothing sweet nothings in her ear to calm her down. And as expected she was calm and composed eyeing the big cake in front of her with saliva dripping out of her mouth.

Avni who eventually has inherited the same blue eyes as her bhua was sitting on her lap and Ishani was feeding her the cake and baby was slowly and carefully caressing the swollen tummy of her bhua murmuring baby.

When Riddhima went to wash her hands, she noticed him standing behind her.

Vansh: I thought you would wear the saree which I kept for you.

Riddhima (folding her hands) : And what exactly made you think that I will?

Vansh gave a fake yet painful smile and left from there. Riddhima washed her face which was now filled with tears.

After adjusting her makeup , she went to Sejal and her husband Rajveer who were busy playing with Avni.
Vansh noticed her real smile , something which is rarely seen inside this four walls of VR mansion( with their daughter being an exception).
He felt a hand on his shoulder and it was none other than his Dadi.

Dadi: Waqt de use bacche! Bahut galat hua hai uske saath. Dheeraj rakh. Bappa sab theek kar denge..

Vansh nodes hopefully.

After winding up everything, Riddhima saw her daughter and Vansh were playing with each other. These scenes always made her realise that she made the right decision.

She changed her clothes to nightdress and took Avni in her arms to feed her, after sometime Avni fell asleep and she placed her carefully in the bed not trying to wake her up.

Vansh: Aur kitna waqt lagega?

Riddhima: Mujhe nahi pata.

Vansh: Koi baat nahi, me umrbhar tumhara intezaar karne ke liye taiyaar hun.

She turns the other side facing the back only to recall the incidents happened 1 and half years ago:

Riddhima was searching for her husband like a mad woman, only to reach back the mansion and to see some other woman being introduced as his wife in front of the world!
She didn't fight or argue back, she understood everything.
Everything was planned.
What hurt her most was that Dadi was also part of the plan and that's why she insisted them to go to Manali.
She didn't fight or claim her rights, just placed the VR ring and her mangalsutra in the podium and left towards HIS room to pack her belongings and leave shocking Vansh to the core.

But Sia's voice stopped her. As per doctor's instructions, Raisinghaniyas had to allow Riddhima to stay in the mansion. But her torture didn't end there. Ahana, Ishani and Chanchal burnt all her belongings , she still didn't cry or scream, she just looked at the man who was silently watching everything.
She then comes with his mother's anklets and bangles he gifted, Vansh screamed her name in order to stop it. She became deaf to all his pleadings and threw them on fire.
Well if you can give your late mother's outfit to some random woman, why can't she put her jewelry on fire?

The next day, Sia woke up from coma putting everyone in the pool of guilt including Chachi and Ishani.
Ahana was kicked out of manson and Kabir was arrested.
Vansh released a press statement about how Ahana  was a con woman and kidnapped his real wife Riddhima Vansh Raisinghaniya and threatened to kill her if he didn't make an announcement. Further he released their real wedding photographs and video to make this more clear along with Ahana and Kabir's pictures together to prove they were together in this conspiracy.
But all these things never had any impact on Riddhima as she packed her bags. Vansh was on her feet to stop her from leaving and all of sudden she fainted and fell down.
The doctor came and informed about Riddhima's pregnancy making everyone on the cloud nine.
But got a reality check when they spoke about Riddhima and baby not doing good health wise due to panic attacks Riddhima had and her bones are weak due to exposure to snowfall.

Vansh started beating himself with hunter as he was guilty about putting her and his child in this situation. Angre came and stopped him further.

Sia made an announcement about supporting Riddhima in whatever decision she takes. And if anyone stops Riddhima from going, she herself will ensure a domestic violence case is filed against Vansh and the rest of the family members.

Sia takes Riddhima out of the mansion so that she can breathe fresh air. She calls up Sejal and her fiance Rajvir to discuss about future plans.
After discussions and advice from all three of them, Riddhima decides to continue to be in marriage for the sake of the child. She knows how the society looks at a child without parents or with a single parent. She didn't want her child to face any such humiliations which she had to go through.

The next day she decides to speak to the family on this, she mentioned that they will have a husband's wife relationship for namesake and to co-parent their child.
If he is ok with it she will continue to be here else they can proceed with divorce.
Vansh was broken and uncontrollable. Before he speaks Dadi and Angre ask him to obey Riddhima's words as this is the only way to fix things.

Her behaviour throughout the pregnancy actually shocked everyone. Meantime, Ishani had a miscarriage due to her carelessness. Riddhima thought as usual she might be blamed or taunted for this, but much to her shock, Ishani made a statement that it might be karma for treating Ridhhima the way she did. Though Riddhima never uttered a word or spoke something to comfort her, she hugged her and let her cry.
Riddhima was working as a lecture in one of the medical colleges throughout her maternity period.
She never shared her mood swings or cravings with Vansh. If she craved for anything, Rajveer and Sejal sent her the food items.
What became worse was when Riddhima called Sejal during her labour pain instead of Vansh or any family members.
During her labour, he heard about a nurse mentioning that Riddhima did not want her husband to be by her side when they asked if needed.

Like this one year went.
Though Vansh is enjoying his fatherhood, he still misses his Riddhima. He was ready to wait for her for whole lifetime.

He saw his daughter being restless in sleep, he slowly picked her up and adjusted her such that her head is placed on his chest and slowly pats her and kisses her forehead only to notice the bed side table where the gift box containing the saree he wanted her to wear was still there WRAPPED.