8 - KIDNAPPING SALLI

author pov

author pov

PRESENT

Shaik's mansion shone brightly with lights, filled with the happiness of the Shaik and Khan families, two of the most powerful families in the land.

Their friendship had blossomed into a relationship, and they had arranged an engagement ceremony in the grand garden, spanning five acres. Celebrities, businessmen, and politicians had all been invited to this grand event.

As cars halted in front of Shaik's mansion, a 6 '2" guy stepped out of a Rolls Royce, wearing a white sherwani that accentuated his broad shoulders.

He looked like a Greek god, but his blue eyes were filled with hatred for his fiancée, Inaya Shaik.

Zeeshan Khan, the groom-to-be, stood on the grand glass stage, waiting for Inaya with his friends and family.

Inside mansion.

Inaya sat in front of the vanity table, staring blankly at her reflection as the makeup artist and designer worked their magic.

But her mind was elsewhere, consumed by the thoughts she dare not speak aloud.

She didn't want this wedding, this engagement, any of it.

Her heart was already shattered into a million pieces, a corpse without a soul or emotions.

She was only living because Zaid had sacrificed his life to save hers two years ago. But what a cruel joke fate had played on her.

She was living in hell, a reality that was suffocating her.

Inaya's life had been a living hell from the moment she was born, but when she met Zaid, when he became her husband, her life had bloomed with happiness.

But that happiness was short-lived. The day she was about to confess her love for him, he shattered her heart into a million pieces.

Pieces she could never heal, never mend. The pain was still raw, still fresh, still crippling her every waking moment.

As the makeup artist applied the final touches to her face, Inaya's gaze fell upon her reflection, and she saw a stranger staring back at her.

A shell of the woman she once was, a mere specter of the love and joy she once knew.

She was a prisoner in her own life, trapped in a reality she couldn't escape.

And Zaid, the man who had once saved her, was now the man who had destroyed her.

PAST 2 YEARS AGO

NEW YORK

Mainson