Chapter1: ' You never know your luck in the big city.'

You're The Kind Of Girl People Write Songs About.

Chapter1: ' You never know your luck in the big city.'

Skylar's POV:

I always enjoy a bit of drama over breakfast. Yelling. Screaming. It's all good. I especially like it when the drama has nothing to do with me. In fact, it's someone whose name I can't remember doing the yelling. Someone on Jeremy Kyle. Say what you want about Jeremy Kyle everyone does, but he sure knows how to ease me into the day. Sure, it's almost one o'clock, but I always feel you shouldn't rush things.

Sometimes I feel kind of guilty about sleeping in so much, but not today. I'm curled up on the couch in the same baggie AC⚡DC T-shirt, poka dot booty shorts and stripy socks that I've been asleep in for the past sixteen hours and I'm feeling alright. My older brother, Jacob, is working today and my step-dad and mum are still away, touring the country in a caravan, so I've got the place to myself for the day.

It's not a bad place to have to yourself for a bit, I have to say. It's a nice old house a couple of blocks from the train line in Forest Hill. The sun comes flooding in during the early afternoon and makes the room glow. It makes me feel so relaxed that I could almost just sit here all afternoon and not get ready for this gig that Rosie is taking me to tonight.

She's a sweetie, Rosie, my best and oldest friend. She's also the only person I know who is as obsessed with music as I am. The last band she got really excited about and told me I had to listen to, like now, was Twenty One Pilots. So when she tells me this guy who's playing tonight is shit hot, I'm inclined to believe her. And since her boyfriend broke up with her. It would probably do her good to get out of the house.

Luke's POV:

I can tell you exactly when I first knew I wanted to be a musician. I was standing in the hall way upstairs at the Forestry Hotel, waiting for the guitar player from a band I used to like. He was messing around in the band room, and I was waiting outside, hoping to get a chance to talk to him when he came out. I wasn't going to get an autograph or anything lame like that. I just wanted to say hi and maybe ask him a couple of things about guitar effects pedals. I really wanted to know how he got a certain sound that I was always trying to pull off with my old Rickenbacker and never quite nailed it.

Anyway, I'm standing there, and he stumbles out of the room looking a bit dazed. He looks straight at me, and I'm just kind of clearing my throat to say something, and this heartbreakingly beautiful girl in a flannelette shirt with silver buttons and skinny black jeans walks straight past me and goes up to the guy and says five magic words. Wonderful, poetic words that convinced me that being a musician was what I was born to do.

She said 'Would you sign my tits?'

It was awesome.

Skylar's POV:

By about four in the afternoon, I think I've watched enough bad TV for one day, so I move out onto the balcony for a cup of coffee and a smoke.

I'd sort of given up smoking a few months ago, in those in-between days of summer after school ended, but then I just found myself doing it again and I'm kind of not bothered about quitting. Lazy, I know, especially as I've never actually enjoyed it. I guess I started because I liked how old movie stars looked when they smoked in black and white photos. But sitting around watching TV half the day and working in a fast-food place isn't really as glamorous as being a Hollywood star, so I don't look as cool as the movie stars did. But smoking has become a habit and it's one I can't quite kick. I light up, and put my feet up on the wooden balcony fence.