Chapter 2

A few days had passed and our protagonist, Y/N, was starting to adjust to life in this new world, both as a citizen of Magnolia and as a member of Fairy Tail.

He had recently rented an apartment and is currently arranging the few pieces of furniture he had bought. It wasn't much, but it would have to do for now, given that his funds were limited.

In these past few days, Y/N had already taken on a variety of jobs. From typical bandit-hunting missions to gathering information about various people and objects, he accepted as many tasks as he could. This not only helped him learn more about Fiore, the kingdom he found himself in, but also allowed him to hone his combat skills and adapt to his new environment.

Y/N: "There! All done."

The protagonist said while dusting off his hands after he had just moved a table to the intended place it's suppose to be in. Looking around, Y/N smiled in satisfaction at his new home. 

*GRUMBLE*

Y/N: "Oh, right. I haven't eaten anything yet. I should probably go to the guild hall and see what they've got on the menu."

Y/N takes his jacket from the coat rack and exits his apartment.

Meanwhile, we see Lucy, Natsu, and Happy sitting at a table seemingly bumped out.  

Natsu: "We should really get to work..."

Happy: "Aye! We're running out of food money."

Lucy: "I knew we should've taken that two million Jewel reward. Come to think of it, this month's rent is coming up! I need to work too."

Standing up, the blonde mage walked towards the job request board. Examining each and every job plastered on it to see which ones she could take. 

Lucy: "Finding a magic bracelet, breaking the spell on a cursed cane, reading someone's love horoscope, hunting a volcano demon?! Jeez, I had no idea wizarding jobs were so varied. 

Mirajane: "Well let me know if you find anything you're interested in. The master's at a conference right now, so I'm covering for him."

Lucy: "A conference?"

Mirajane: "All the guild masters in the region get together every so often and report about things. It's not quite the same as the council, but... Reedus. Could I borrow a light pen?"

Reedus: "Oui."

[Reedus]

[Reedus]

[Magic: Pict]

The chonky man responded, as he handed Mira a light pen. Which is a magical object that allows one to write on air.

Mirajane then proceeds to put it to use as she draws a visual representation of how the pecking order works between the guilds and the magic council.

Mirajane: "It consists of ten members and has connections with the government. Its purpose is to uphold all the rules in the magical world. They are also the ones who pass judgement on wizards who commit crimes. Just below that are the different guild master leagues. They pass on the decisions the council makes and help all the different guilds communicate. Basically, they hold us all together. It's a really tough job."