1. A Normal Day

Here I am back with a new book, hope you all accept and enjoy reading it.

You can also read my other books available on my profile if you are a new reader and Nexus is your first book in Avinaverse.

But if you are an old reader, I don't think I should introduce myself again. Thank you so much for your love and support that's what I would like to say !!💗

Thankyou sanbiverse . I just had a rough idea and told her the plot, decided to give up because I thought that I won't be able to write a dark romance but it's Nabi who believed that I should give a try in this genre too. My OG readers know about my writing style so all I need is your suggestion and honest review so I can bring best out of my myself as a writer.

Aaye ho toh vote and comment bhi kr dena sab ⚠️

"Pankti" Neither soft nor rough hand, smacked my upper arm, resulting in my head turning into my left side

"Pankti" Neither soft nor rough hand, smacked my upper arm, resulting in my head turning into my left side. It's Maa, the mother India of Pankti Bajaj.

"Look at your condition. You have fallen asleep on your study table" I heard her scolding me while my head rested on the wooden table, on the support of my crossed arms. My ear listened to her ranting vaguely about the same usual topic: how I should be responsible enough to ensure staying tidy, how I should arrange back my belongings including my books, my stationary items, and other stuff before I go to bed every night.

Her hands made a sound of harshly pounding my books on the table next to my head, thank god it didn't hit me, as usual. Intentionally, I kept my eyes shut only to sense her footsteps fading after her lecture on how to be that ideal sanskari daughter, no, how to be that ideal sanskari Indian bahu that every Indian mother-in-law expects.

Opening my eyes to ensure it was safe to rise from my sleep, I stretched my arms and tied my hair in a bun with the help of a claw clip after they were messed up in my beauty sleep. I got up from the chair and my neck informed me of the ache caused by it due to the weird position of my head on the table.

"50s pain in my 20s" I muttered, moving my neck from right to left, then left to right. But only Maa's massage can relieve me from the pain.

Opening the long cupboard, I skimmed through my sarees to be worn for my college. I have been working as an assistant professor for the past seven months. Due to mandatory rules, the faculty are asked to follow the dress code of saree for female teaching staff and formal pants and shirts for the male teaching staff. Also, make sure not even an inch of the female skin is visible to them so we aren't supposed to make our back neck deeper but to maintain a decent pattern of the blouse including the sleeves and some extra safety pins to make sure our saree is attached to the few edges of the blouses here and there.

My eyes searched for my phone to dial my best friend's number to enquire what she was going to wear to college. My best friend, Vidisha Agarwal is a professor in the same college but we are separated by the departments. I am a part of the management studies department whereas she teaches the students of mass communication. We met each other during our undergraduation time and presently we are in the same college but she joined the teaching field one year back. I joined later when I couldn't clear the entrance exam on the first attempt.