Prologue

It's been about 4 years since I've moved to Sunnydale from Portland, and let me just say, it has it's upside. I usually tend to keep to myself, most people cannot handle a weirdo loaner such as myself, but transferring in my 2nd year of high school had it's perks. I actually attempted to be different from how I was and made some friends, although they are just as weird as me...if not weirder, they are pretty cool. Well from what I've noticed they are pretty cool. Buffy, Xander and Willow, most can call them the three musketeers, but I view them as friends... really my only friends. Turns out, all of us have a lot more in common than I thought.

One night while we where at the Bronze, enjoying our last hoorah before graduation, I noticed how weird they all where acting. Mostly with a lot of nervous looks and fidgeting. "Everything alright guys?", I ask taking a chip and shoving it in my mouth, muffling I continue, " All of you seem..well off..and trust me I get it, this is our last night as seniors and I know the real world is scary, but we should celebrate no?".

"Yeah, we could focus if we didn't have to worry about impend...", before finishing his sentence Xander is nudged by Willow. "I mean...who could really focus you know, with finals and everything where just all a bit nervous"

I look over to Buffy, who seems to be a bit down recently. I hesitate but then I put a hand on Buffy's back so she snaps out of it. " Hey Buff, I noticed how out of it you where everything okay", she just nods and gets up. I hope I didn't say anything wrong. While Willow is Buffy's best friend, me and Buffy relate a lot when it comes to just moving to Sunnydale, in all honestly I met her before Willow and Xander, and happened to stumble upon her as she left the library and I entered. So it it does suck seeing one of my close friends down in the dumps.

Later that night I would come to find out why everyone was antsy, me being the detective I am, and also Xander not being able to hold water, I learn about Graduation day, and let me just say, while I knew about some of there secrets, I can't help but wonder how long before they told me this big thing. Maybe they didn't want me worrying, I am not the best when it comes to the whole Slaying thing. Granite I knew about Buffy being a slayer, I really didn't try to pry. Maybe because I had some secrets of my own, that after learning about Buffy's secret kind of spooked me. None of them knew the truth, well they didn't know until Graduation. You see...I am a vampire, but not a normal kind of vampire, I can walk in sunlight, and I don't have to live off blood along. Why you ask, well I was born a vampire, very few if any of my kind exist. I still can age but also can't in a way.

The night of Graduation though, all of them found out. Unfortunately, the dead give away was my fighting and then of course my face. But after that night, it took a minute for me to explain fully because, honestly they where mad at me for a bit, so that conversation was hard to have but was warranted, they knew my fear of being murdered by my own friends. Also after learning about Angel, it wasn't a horrible thing, especially since I was born with a soul.

Since then, we have been the scooby gang thick and through. While it was hard, we manage, well I was managing until I met..SPIKE, god why did I have to meet HIM.