Chapter 9

We enjoyed our night, as we enjoyed ourselves and talked about how me and Spike became to be. It felt good to finally tell my friends and Spike wasn't as bad as he usually is. I even noticed how he and Giles sparked conversation about the whole research on reincarnation and how it was to live in England. Eventually, everyone began to make their separate ways and the house cleared out, I stayed behind a bit helping clean the kitchen, luckily Spike stayed behind with me.

"Pet, I just want to say that watching you be so courageous earlier really got me going", he says, coming behind me as I washed dishes, leaving sweet kisses on my neck, I melt into his touch. "Spike, please ...not here", I say putting the last dish away. "Yes, please not here", we both snap out of our lust to see Buffy standing by the doorway of the kitchen. I laugh as Spike sticks his two fingers up and sticks out his tongue. "Sod off, slayer, just giving a bit of love to my lady", hearing him say that gives me butterflies in my tummy everytime. "Yeah, yeah Spike...just no baby making in my kitchen", she says rolling her eyes. I choke on my laughter hearing her say that.

"B...baby making...not sure we are there yet...just made it official today", I say nervously walking over to the kitchen island grabbing my coat and the last of my birthday gift. "Yeah Buffy no need to rush it yet, I love her but not sure I'm ready for a little bit running around", Spike walks over to me and places his hand on my lower back. "Well, if you say so, but Nova I will see you tomorrow at the shop, got a big day, unfortunately gotta help out because yah know Halloween night", she says shaking her head. "Yes I know, promise I won't be late, costume will be on and I will be ready to work", I say smiling before heading to the door. "And Spike get my friend home safe please", she says giving him a firm pat on the back, could have swore if she patted him any harder his shoulder would pop out of socket.

"Don't worry slayer, she is staying with me tonight, no need for fear", he says before we are off, "wait I am?", I asked a bit confused. "Of course pet...now that your scoobies know about us, I get to keep you in my bed for as long as I want", he pulls me to him by my hips and nibbles on my ear as we walk back to his crypt.

Spike's POV
We inch closer to my crypt and in a moments thinking I pick up Nova bridal style and carry her inside, hearing the cute giggle she makes when I swing into the door. "Well pet, we're home", I say leading her down to my hidden bedroom before laying her down gently on my bed.

"Spike...", she says in a soft whisper before sitting up on her knees while I stand at the edge of the bed. "I just want to lay in the bed with you, I am still very shaken up by that...nightmare and I just want to lay close to you, I feel safe with you", she looks so beautiful with her pleading eyes. I give her a smirk and take off my coat and shirt, "well love I don't mind that one bit, I will not let anyone harm you...ever...", I get in bed with her and put the covers over us as I pull her closer, I lift her chin and place gentle kisses on her lips. She runs her hand over my chest and deepening our kiss, I feel her tongue beg for entrance into my mouth. We make out for a solid minute or so before I pull away.

"Pet didn't you promise the slayer, for an early start tomorrow, I wouldn't want to keep you up", I say lying on my back. "How noble of you Spikey", she says laying her head on my chest. "You know if this was a while back, that wouldn't have mattered, but I want to prove to your friends that I genuinely care for you pet", I say running my fingers through her hair, I could feel her slowly drifting off to sleep. "I love you...", I say to her, as soft as possible to not startle her as she fell asleep. "I love you too, William", she says back before going to sleep, hearing her call me William put a small smile on my face.

*The Next Morning* Nova's POV
I wake up feeling around me, I still feel the warmth of Spike around me as he sleeps. I feel bad for leaving, but I know he will understand. "Spike...", I say kissing him all over his face, "I have to leave love", I say to him before getting out the bed and grabbing my pants. "So soon pet, I was just getting comfortable", he says lifting from the bed. "I know, I promise I will be back, just going to help out at the Magic Box, gotta get over to my dorm first to shower and put on my costume, I'm a cowgirl", I say with excitement as I strap on my leather boots. "Well before you leave, I wanna give you something....something I was supposed to give to Eliza, but now...I can", I turn to him, and watch as he pulls a small slender box from his coat, he hands me the long red box and I open it. "Omg, Spike it's beautiful," I say as I hold up a gold necklace that has a deep red heart in the middle of it. "I'm glad you like it pet, here let me put it on you", he says taking the necklace and placing it on my neck. I hold the necklace close before turning to him and giving him a kiss. "Can't wait to put on my costume and strut this beautiful necklace", I say heading to the door. "Just come back to me Nova", Spike says watching me leave. "Always Spike", I say blowing him a kiss and leaving out the door.

I make my way to my dorm, get dressed and head back out to the Magic Box, to meet everyone.