Chapter 7

I stare at Nova and Buffy, almost in shock, I remembered that dream... I relive it often, but hearing Nova say she was Eliza in that moment makes my stomach churn. I know I was undead, and I know I have killed many in my past, but this...this was a different type of torcher. The love of my life disappeared without a trace, and now it feels like history may repeat itself with Nova. I can't help but feel a gentle sting in my unseating heart.
"Well Nova, you where there you know exactly what happened, I was left and lied too by Eliza, and then got turned that night by Druscilla, and put that behind me, clearly William was not enough for Eliza to run away with, now that I think about it had Eliza showed that night, I wouldn't have been turned", I say with a bit of aggression, looking away from Nova and Buffy. I suddenly hear sniffling and look up to meet Nova's tears eyes, I've never seen her cry before. Buffy holds her hand as tears start running down her face, I immediately feel like udder shit for going off like I did. "Sp-Spike...I'm sorry, I...she...Eliza didn't leave you...she loved you very much...she..she", Nova hesitated to say what happened and I could tell it was causing her a lot of pain. "I'm sorry Spike this was a mistake", she says getting up and grabbing Buffy's hand to leave. "Wait..", I say gripping her wrist gently, "what is it pet...what happened", I didn't think to ask at first, considering she was also living in that dream she was in Eliza's shoes.

"She needs a minute Spike...this is really scaring her", Buffy says, as I let go of Nova's hand. "no..No it's okay Buff, I can tell him....Eliza..she was...murdered that night...that's why she didn't show..", Nova says with heavy emotions. As if the world went silent...I drop to my knees..murdered..how...why....by who, I thought. And if she indeed was murdered, how is Nova here if Eliza is not her distant relative...that means that Nova and Eliza...are..the same person. My love...she had been in front of me this whole time. "Eliza...", was all I could muster to say, looking up at Nova. I could see her tears flowing as she looked away from me, "I..i'm Nova...that's...that's not my name....I...I don't know what's happening Spike..but I..I was there and I was murdered...she..Eliza was murdered...and i-it was..", she hesitated to say her murderers name. "It was Angelous...", Buffy says for her, now in a bit of rage.

I stand up with my head facing the ground..Angelous...he was there...he murdered her in cold blood. I stupidly followed him and Dru, he knew about Eliza. This whole time I thought she left me, I thought William was to blame, for years I lived in anguish and hate for Eliza and for the bloody bloke William was. My anger can't be contained and I punch the pillar next to me, causing my now injured hand to bleed. "Buffy, can you give me and El...Nova a second...please", I ask in the softest voice possible. Buffy looks over to Nova, with tears still in her eyes, she nods to Buffy that it's fine to step out. She leaves out the crypt, and I turn to the couch nearby, taking a seat and pulling out a cigarette. Nova comes to sit by my side as I light my cigarette, both of us sitting in silence.  I break the silence, as I begin to cry...wow haven't felt like this, since being turned, and the tears just keep going. "I'm sorry", is all I can muster to say. I can only imagine the terror Nova felt in Eliza's last moments, knowing how Angelous operated, I know he brutally murdered her, with zero care for her body afterwards."I'm so sorry...I...I could have stopped it..I should have been able to save her...and you....had to relive that god awful moment ", I say grabbing her hand and holding it tightly.

"It's not your fault...Spike, it was never your fault", she says leaning hear head to lay in my lap. I put my cigarette down, and gently stroke her head. We both sit in silence with the new information we have, in that moment I realized, I had a second chance with Eliza...with Nova...I will not let this opportunity leave me again. I needed to protect her with my undead life...soul or no soul..I loved her.