Chapter 2: Sora Meets Conan

After finding four empty seats, the four friends placed their baggage on the top shelf. Sora and Tsubasa explored the train, hardly containing their excitement.

"I can't believe this is happening! We're riding in a real train!!" exclaimed Sora. She peered through one of the windows, watching in awe as the buildings passed by at a fast pace.

"Indeed!" added Tsubasa, joining Sora. "Until now, the only trains I've seen are the ones in my books. Did you know the Keihin–Tōhoku Line is one of the most significant and fastest railway lines that goes through Tokyo? Holding 41 stations, it is also one of Japan's busiest commuter railways, carrying over three million people each day. It opened its service in 1914, and had run a successful operation for more than a hundred years ever since. There are two types of trains: rapid and local. Rapid train services stop solely at major stations, while local train services stop by all stations on their routes. We're taking the local one, which goes at 90 kilometers per hour or 55 miles per hour."

"Ooooohhh!" said Sora and Mashiro at the same time. Their eyes sparkled brightly from amazement at so much knowledge shared by their Puni bird friend.

"That's Tsubasa for you!" A grinning Ageha snapped her fingers and pointed at him. "Always full of knowledge and teaching it to others."

The boy blushed a little and rubbed the back of his head. "It was nothing. Just thought I'd expand my knowledge about Beika." Reaching into his bag, he took out a clipboard with several papers, each one with a detailed schedule. "According to my calculations, since it takes an hour to reach Beika, we should be there around 9 AM with time to spare. Beika is a foreign city to us, so it'll take a while to adjust."

"Oh, so that's why you wanted us to get up so early," piped Mashiro. At first, she never understood Tsubasa's reason for being so meticulous with the time. But upon hearing his explanation, it all fit together. Looking at Tsubasa in silent awe, Mashiro wondered how prepared he was for every situation.

Feeling a yawn coming up, she tried her best to stop it, but it slipped out of her mouth. Mashiro's big yawn caught Tsubasa's attention. "Oh, dear. Maybe the wake-up time was too much for you. I'm sorry."

Mashiro shook her head gently. "It's alright. You poured so much time into organizing a tidy schedule for us. I wanted to at least show my appreciation by following it."

Tsubasa, Sora, and Ageha beamed at their friend's kind words. To them, Mashiro is like a warm light that illuminates those around her. She may not possess the same book-smarts, athleticism, and energy as her friends respectively, but her kindness is what truly makes her shine.

"Thanks, Mashiro," said Tsubasa. "I'm just so... how do you say... 'stoked' to spend time with you, Ageha, and Sora. I thought we'd cooperate in making this the best week ever."

The four best friends took time to enjoy each other's company. Memories steadily flood into Sora's head as she reminisces the first time she met Ellee. Although it wasn't a pleasant one given her abduction, it triggered a chain of events that led Sora and Ellee in first meeting Mashiro and later her grandmother, Ageha, and Tsubasa. Sora can't help but wonder if she still would've encountered them had it not been for Kabaton's actions. Who knows? But what she does know is that she's so blessed to find such wonderful friends in a wonderful, new place.

"Wow, I can't believe it's been a year since we've brought peace between Sky Land and the Undergu Empire," commented Sora. "Princess Elleelain would've been proud." 301 years ago, Princess Elleelain was a kind and noble ruler of Sky Land who cared deeply about her people. However, Sky Land was attacked by the Undergu Empire, instigating a huge war between two kingdoms. When Ranborgs from the Undergu Empire brought horrible destruction to Sky Land, Elleelain's desire to protect what's important enabled her to transform into Cure Noble and fight them off. Believing strength isn't everything and fighting only brings sadness, Elleelain long hoped to make peace with the Undergu Empire.