🌺Part 28🌺

It's the next morning Penelope is awake because baby was kicking most of the night even when Colin placed his hand on her belly that didn't help. "I wonder why El turned up here last night" Penelope says looking down at Colin who was down singing to the bump. He looks up and smiles "who knows but I wrote mother a letter telling her that Eloise turned up here last night and that shes safe" Colin states. "Oh good I was worried Violet was going to freak out" Penelope says smiling at Colin. 

"I best go and see if our visitor is awake" Penelope says leaning over giving Colin a kiss then Rae helps Penelope get out of bed and put on a robe whilst Colin watches on hand behind head and the other on his abs. He smiles "are you going to stay in bed all morning?" Penelope asks him when she turns around "I might I might not but I thought I would leave you and Eloise to talk alone before I join you" Colin says watching Penelope walk round to his side of the bed "i love you you are an amazing man" Penelope says emotional and then places a gentle kiss on Colins lip as she moves away he grabs her back for another one causing Penelope to giggle against his lips.

Penelope taps on the guest bedroom door "come in" Eloise says just as Penelope opens the door "El you're awake" Penelope states smiling and walking in closing the door behind her. "Good morning Penelope I am sorry for turning up last night it's just I need some advice and I think only you can help" Eloise states sitting up in bed as Penelope comes and sits to the side. "El what is it? What has you so nervous? I've never seen you like this" Penelope says looking at her best friend. "I know that's is why I've come to you it's all new to me" Eloise says. "Okay so start from the top" Penelope says shifting so she can be comfortable as she places her hands on bump the baby kicking away.

"I was in town the other day looking at the book store when I saw a rather good looking gentleman, we engaged in a bit of talking about our favourite books and we exchanged names and addresses on pieces of scrap paper, but Pen I need your help to write him letter beacuse you are so good with a quill plus all these feelings are bubbling inside of me I don't know what to do with them" Eloise says flopping her head back against the pillow. "Well did does this so called  gentleman have a name El?" Penelope asks her. "Theo Sharpe Mr Theo Sharpe" Eloise says throwing her arm across her forehead. "El how many times have you bumped into Mr Sharpe?" Penelope asks her "at least twice maybe three times, I can't help it, it's like there is this feeling inside of me that wants to get close to him" Eloise says rolling her head to look at Penelope "am I wrong? I mean I see you and Colin at how in love you are with one another, I mean my brother doesn't relax unless you are in his eyeline or nearby a bit like Anthony is with Kate" Eloise comments "well to me it sounds like you have a crush on Mr Sharpe or you are realising that being a spinster is not what you want to be" Penelope says analysing what Eloise has just told her.

"Pen my love is our guest awake?" Colin says through the closed door "please don't tell Colin what I've told you Pen best friend code" Eloise whisper "you can't best friend code me when I am married to your brother and I tell him everything" Penelope whispers back. A gentle knock comes when Penelope doesn't reply "yes Colin my love she is indeed a wake" Penelope says just as Colin opens the door. "Ah good I hope you slept well Eloise" He asks her "I did actually these seem to be better than the ones we have at home" Eloise laughs "don't get used to them.. Pen we have a doctors appointment remember" Colin says looking at Penelope "oh god Pen I am so sorry forgot to ask how this little one is doing" Eloise says shocked and embarrassed. "Baby is kicking away do you want to feel?" Penelope grabs Eloise's hand and places it just where the baby was kicking. "Wow" Eloise is stunned when she feels the kick.

"Appointment Pen" Colin reminds her "right I am going" Penelope says getting up with help from Colin. He sits on the bed where Penelope just was. "Is everything okay? I did let mother know you are here but feel free to stay whilst we are at appointment okay Eloise there is no rush to leave" and with that Colin gets up and leaves Eloise with her thoughts.

At the doctors appointment "well the bump is growing at normal rate for the amount of weeks that you are" The Doctor says taking measurements across Penelopes bump. "You felt the baby kick?" He continues with his questions "yes the baby is very active even more so when my husband sings or talks to the bump" Penelope says looking at Colin as he takes Penelope's hand. "That is good sign" The Doctor gentle taps the bump to get a response to which he does. "So I am happy with how everything is progressing so hopefully the next time I will see you will be ready to give birth" The Doctor takes off his gloves as Penelope sits up with help from Colin. He gives the Doctor a look who steps outside the room whilst Colin helps Penelope dress. She giggles "what?" Colin asks looking at Penelope "you sending the Doctor away so I can dress but he will be down near my garden soon examining me to see when our child will be born" Penelope laughs "well I don't want him to see your perfect breasts because they are mine to admire, play with, suck on, kiss, squeeze" Colin lookings at Penelope who is laughing "what now?" Colin asks her tilting his head to the side "soon they won't be just for you but also our childs" Penelope says "but maybe if you're lucky you can do all that you just listed later" Penelope flirts fluttering her eyes distracting Colin completely. "Lets get home now so I can make a start on that" Colin says kissing Penelope as they leave the Doctors room.

Colin and Penelope make it back home happy everything at the Doctors went well. "You're back already?" Eloise says getting up from where she was writting "Eloise you're still here" Colin says looking at his sister "you did say no rush to leave" Eloise states "I did but I would also like some alone time with my wife" Colin gives Eloise a knowing look "okay okay" Eloise says picking up her quill, ink and paper "did you start writing a letter El" Penelope whispers to her "I did but like I said I am not every good at putting my feelings down onto paper like you and Colin are" Eloise whispers back. "We shall sort it okay" Penelope says "right I better make sure everything is packed and I'll head back to Bridgerton House thank you for letting me stay" Eloise says putting the ink and quill down to hug Colin then Penelope.

Once Eloise has left it was just the two of them again Colin pulls Penelope close for a kiss. "Did Eloise seem distracted to you" Colin asks Penelope "maybe has something on her mind" Penelope says playing with the ends of Colin hair. "Do you want to dance Pen?" Colin asks her in his sweet tone "with you always" Penelope says smiling as Colin gently sways them and a gentle turn.

The evening was drawing to a close so Penelope went to sit out in the garden watching the sunset over London placing her hands over her bump having some lemonade "Pen?" Colin calls out for her "out here" She replies and Colin comes out "shift forward I want to join you" Colin sits behind her  massaging Penelopes shoulders to which she leans back and clothes her eyes placing her hand on her bump as Colin places his hands over hers. Penelope looks up at him just as he looks down at her, bending his head forward they share a kiss the feeling like they were sharing their first kiss all over again and it happens every time they kiss and touch.

At Bridgerton House Violet is knitting a blanket for Colin and Penelopes baby in the drawing room when Eloise walks in "Eloise glad you are back how are Colin and Penelope doing?" Violet asks her wanting to see if all is well. "Well she is showing, her belly is growing, Colin won't leave her side but I felt the baby kick for the first time" Eloise smiles "I'm glad you went there but upset you felt you had to leave without a note" Violet says looking down at her knitting. "Mother I needed to ask Penelope something and it could of waited or I would of driven myself crazy" Eloise states sitting down next to Violet. "Whatever it is I could of answered any questions" Violet says taking Eloisesc hand "I know mother but this was just something I had to talk to Penelope about. I hope you understand" Eloise says "I do dearest I just love you" Violet says leaning over to hug Eloise.