Our Group?

Chapter 2

One month later:

Like that, my time at school flew by very... very slowly. It had only been a month since we've been here, but I felt like we should be on break already. I turned to look at Ji Eun who was listening to the lecture passionately, then I turned to Lee Jong Suk. I'd really not even looked at him the past month, and ever since he turned back to look at me that one day, he never did it again.

Putting my face in my hands, I sighed and took out some cookies. As soon as I bent up from digging in my backpack, I saw that he was out of his seat. I began to look around to see where he went, but he was right next to me.

"Ah!" I said, almost falling back to Ji Eun. I stared at him and slowly started to sit back up. "W...What? What do you want?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you wanted to be in a group with me," he said.

I looked around to see if he was talking to me or not. Then when I looked back up at him, he was still staring at me. I looked back to Ji Eun to find her surprised as well.

"Well if you want to be in a group with Suzy, then I'm going to be in there as well. Is that okay?" Ji Eun asked. I turned back to Lee Jong Suk. He nodded and brought his chair over to us.

"Um... what's the project over?" I asked, looking at no one in particular.

"Weren't you listening to class?" Ji Eun asked, then she immediately laughed. "Just kidding. Of course you weren't. So it's over business, and we have to do a debate about something with another group. Probably them up there. They're doing it over social media and advertising so we can do the against proposition," she said. Then she turned over to Jong Suk. "Is that okay?"

He nodded again, then he turned to look at me... again. I looked back. "What?" I asked again.

"Why aren't you asking me why I joined this group?" He asked.

"Ummm...." I started, but his face was too close to mine for me to respond comfortably. I moved mine a bit back. "I don't know. Because Ji Eun is smart?" I asked.

He laughed but didn't answer back. Then when Ji Eun gave out the jobs for everyone, he put in his headphones and sang along to something softly. I slowly turned back to Ji Eun.

"Hey, why did you let him join?" I asked.

"I don't know, he's good looking?" She asked.

I laughed and smacked her shoulder lightly. "Why do you think he wanted to be in ours?" I asked. She looked over at me and shrugged. Then she gave me a look that was basically telling me to focus on my job. I stuck out my tongue and started working.