Chapter 2:

"Esther, what have you done?"

"Protecting my family."

"Your family? You mean the kids that you abuse and neglect?"

~😓~

"Hello, Elena." Damon greeted the brunette Doppelgänger.

Elena looked annoyed. "Is Stefan here? He called. He said it was important."

"Right this way."

"What is this about?" Elena asks before she saw Rose and Trevor.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real."

"Who is he?"

Damon spoke up. "He's one of the originals, he's a legend."

Stefan Added. "From the first generation of vampires."

"Like Elijah and that girl?"

"No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Rose said, avoiding the topic of Aurelia.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan continued.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?"

"Yes." Rose and Trevor spoke.

"No."

"What they're saying is, I mean if what theyre saying is true..." Damon trialed off.

"Which it is." Rose cut in.

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you two."

"Which I'm not."

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe." Damon finished.

"Look, we don't really know or remember exactly what happened with Elijah and the girl. But they've mentioned that they don't talk to people much these days. So no one else even knows that you exist."

"Not that you know of." Trevor comments.

"That's not helping."

"Wasn't trying."

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bed time story."