Chapter 5 - New Plan

Kieran washed his face and changed his clothes before he unlocked his door and stepped out. There, he could see Carden stood with a very worried expression. Even when Calix chose to doubt him yesterday, Carden still stood by his side, defending him. From this, he knew that Carden would never betray him.

"Kieran, are you okay?" Carden stepped forward and checked the omega in front of him.

"Where's fa-no, Duke Arthfael?" Kieran asked another question instead of answering Carden.

Carden looked a bit sad when Kieran called the Duke by his title, unlike usual. "His Excellency went to the palace yesterday, but I think he will come back soon. He went to talk about the sword with the Emperor."

"I see."

Kieran started to walk and Carden followed behind him. He was too relaxed. Wherever he is, he needs to keep thinking that he can't trust anyone. What happened with the Duke was the very proof of how fragile their relationship was.

"Kieran, about what happened with the Duke..."

"I know. Duke Arthfael thinks that I came from another world because I managed to pull out the sword. I secretly heard the knights' conversation last night." Kieran replied.

He entered the kitchen, which is shocking all the kitchen staff. Even the head chef was surprised and quickly approached the young master. "Young master Kieran, what brought you here so early in the morning?" He asked. "If you want to eat something, you should just tell us and we will cook it for you."

"Please, no need to call me young master from now on. And I will cook my food. After that, I will clean around the manor to get my earnings for the food."

"W-what are you saying, young master?! How can I let you do something like that?!"

"Why not? Duke Arthfael said I'm not his son because I can pull out the holy sword. So move." Kieran continued to walk into the kitchen, taking several ingredients that he could see, and started to cook.

The head chef looked panicky. Everyone knew just how much the Duke treasures Kieran, and if the Duke knew they let Kieran cook, they would get punished. And knowing he won't be able to stop Kieran, the head chef looks at Carden, who only shakes his head.

Even Carden was surprised by this side of Kieran.

This is Kieran's way of complaining about what the Duke did yesterday, and surely, the Duke will continue to feel guilty about it. Childish, but Kieran managed to play his card well.

"Everyone can leave the kitchen; I will stay here and accompany him," Carden ordered, and the servants obeyed him without asking many questions. He then stood beside Kieran, who was chopping some vegetables. "Have you cooked before?"

"No, but I read," Kieran replied. Of course, he lied. He cooked every day as Ye Xian.

"What do you want to cook?" Carden asked again. "Please step aside. I will cook it for you. I mean...not as your knight, but as your friend. I'm afraid that you will get hurt instead."

Swiftly, Kieran twirled the knife and pointed it towards Carden. "Stay away from my ingredients and don't even try to do anything. If you're acting as my friend now, then just sit still like a good boy. I will make a delicious food that you won't be able to forget for your whole life." He said before focusing on the ingredients again.

With a sigh, Carden decided to stay aside and just watched Kieran. Unexpectedly though, the male moved like a professional. It was a strange sight, but Carden liked it. He smiled when he saw a new side of Kieran.

After an hour and a half, Kieran finished cooking. He served the food on the table in front of Carden and sat beside the man. "Crispy baked honey garlic chicken." Kieran introduced the food.