Chapter 8 - Different

For a moment, Kieran thought he would die again for something stupid. He felt relieved when Kior came. "Master!" He called his magic teacher.

"Give up, Gatlin. Though the Emperor is protecting you, he can't openly save you because he fears his sons will kill him. And at the moment, Duke Arthfael really wants to kill you for what you did."

Gatlin looked in pain. He stepped back while Kior stepped forward. He's getting further away from the altar. But this wasn't over. He wouldn't let this over. If the Emperor can't save him openly, he just needs to create a situation where the Emperor has no choice but to save him.

"Then I will also make your life at stake, Sir Ellion," Gatlin said as he dashed towards the door. It automatically locked the moment he stepped out, and it activated a magic circle inside.

"Gatlin!!!" Kior shouted. Fire magic went to the door, but it dispersed before it reached the door. The magic circle glowed under the whole room. It's a dragon spell that would block all magic for 30 minutes.

"Master! Release me first! I will think of something!" Kieran shouted while pulling on his chain.

Though Kior helped Kieran out of the chain, he doubts that the young omega would be able to find a solution. "What will you do? This magic circle is made with a dragon language. Unless you understand a dragon language, there's no way you would be able to undo this magic."

"Aren't you an elf, Master? Don't you know how to use a dragon language? I heard elf is very close with dragons."

"Just where did you hear something like that? Elves preserve nature, while dragons destroy it. How can we close with them?"

Now that's a new knowledge. The real Kieran doesn't seem to be aware of it and the knowledge from his original world turned out to be completely different.

"There must be a way," Kieran muttered as he went to the door. He placed his palm on it and traced it to the side, to the wall.

"What are you doing?"

"Looking for a way out."

˙˚∘⊹🦋⊹∘˚˙

Unlike Kior who left first using magic wrap, Calix just arrived at the abandoned temple used by Gatlin.

Hael stood beside him. Ready to charge inside when the Duke gave the signal.

However, they stopped when they saw Gatlin walk out of the temple. His whole body has the mark of dragon scale, and all of the marks are glowing.

Gatlin looked at the two alpha confidently. "I feel honored to be visited by Duke Arthfael and Prince Hael at the same time." He started. "But I'm afraid you need to grant me what I want, or else you will never see him again."

"You dare!" Calix shouted and clenched the hilt of his sword.

"Why wouldn't I dare? Can't you see this mark? I've sacrificed myself for the dragon, and in exchange, the dragon will permit me to use their magic. Even the grand mage would have a hard time to break out. How long will it take for them to burn to ashes?"

Hael stepped forward, stopping the Duke from making any rash movement because of anger. "Then say it. What exactly do you want? You made the young Master and the grand mage hostage because you want something from us, right? So rather than wasting more time, you better say it out loud."

"The position of Empress."

"Crazy bastard!" Calix shouted again.

"You know well enough that both me and the Duke have no authority over such matter," Hael replied calmly. "If you want to ask for such a thing, then you should do the bargain with the Emperor, not us."